Parking in coach bays at services!

Anyone received a FPN for parking in coach bays at services when all HGV bays are taken?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used to do it all the time a Cobham.

I’ve never…

Done it. I’ve always managed to find somewhere legit to park on MSAs (usually a blindside). I stay out of them because, despite everyone else seeming to get away with parking there, I know how my luck runs.
What grinds my gears is, when there’s ample parking in the truck park but there are still wagons parked in coach bays. They can’t be enforced that well because there’s always a lorry parked in them which ever MSA it is.

The signs are very clear about the penalty that might be levied but it doesn’t seem to deter anyone.

No never received a fine , and yes have parked in coach bays

Yep use them all the time as we run with wide and long loads. Usually the abnormal load bays are taken up with mongs that cannot reverse into a normal bay so that leaves us no choice but to use the slightly wider coach bays.

Never used them as I’m not a selfish two hat, why is me getting my 45 in more important than a coach driver, same as the abnormal bay drivers or when you park parallel to make someone getting out hard/impossible, I’d be chuffed if I knew tickets where being handed out tbh

Knutsford n/b springs to mind, if and when they park in the caravan spots in front of the lorry bays you know your in for a hard time with the o/s rear swing of your trailer mm’s from your neighbours wing mirrors

I used them a few times during the proper lockdown. My reasoning being that there were no coaches on the road and add that to the fact that I invariably pull the worlds noisiest fridge and if I’m pulling in for a break I try to consider those sleeping in the lorry park.

the maoster:
I used them a few times during the proper lockdown. My reasoning being that there were no coaches on the road and add that to the fact that I invariably pull the worlds noisiest fridge and if I’m pulling in for a break I try to consider those sleeping in the lorry park.

A driver being considerate of others? Nope, not buying it! You just wanted a shorter walk and to keep your windows open without the smell of ■■■■ filling your cab!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Busted! :smiley: :smiley:

Some service areas have signs saying the coach bays are allowed for HGVs to use at night.

Cosmic:
Some service areas have signs saying the coach bays are allowed for HGVs to use at night.

Can’t remember where , but had to be gone by a certain time though