Parking in Calais - Sailing Sunday?

Hi, this may be a silly question but… I’m running up through France today (Saturday) and I’m not sure I’ll have time to make it further than Calais. Can I drive to the docks on Sunday to get back to the UK and back to the yard? I’m not pulling perishable goods and I’ll probably do 10 driving hours today to get to Calais so won’t have time in Dover to find parking that isn’t full of foreign trucks. All help appreciated.

Sent from somewhere in France :slight_smile:

Yes you can drive to the docks on sunday , If you find you can get over today you will find room to park in Folkestone , good night out :slight_smile:

Many thanks. Just not been in this situation before. Hopefully make it across tonight, if not, secure parking then UK tomorrow

Yes, you can park at Transmarck and run from there to the docks because that piece of road is exempt from the Sunday driving ban. It’s about 3-4km.

ther are two secure truckstops in just outside calais at marck west. polleys is more secure but no food to speake of. or all for trucks much better facilitys but fence easily breached and lots of fridges

chester1:
ther are two secure truckstops in just outside calais at marck west. polleys is more secure but no food to speake of. or all for trucks much better facilitys but fence easily breached and lots of fridges

Really? Looking at the two sites I would have thought All4trucks was far more secure.

There’s a burger/kebab van parked at Polley’s, at least some of the time anyway, and you do get a voucher with your parking, I think I ended up paying 1 euro for kebab and chips when I was there.

polleys def more secure. sucurity walking with dogs all night, snack van unreliable and althogh iv had no probs a few of our lads have had the old ten bob bits after the kebab .the fence at the calais end of all for trucks is down in a cpl of places security is just a bloke in a car. dont bother with the wi fi at polleys unless you just want to check emails as signel is too poor for watchin ■■■■ .dont be tempted to park at pidous as theirs a few chaps hiding in the bushes next to the bounderout

Looks like I’ll head for Polleys then. Hopefully they’ll have space

GBPub:

chester1:

Really? Looking at the two sites I would have thought All4trucks was far more secure.

toy r us is secure long as the good old eastern block not there to trans ship passengers from their trailer to yours lol. Polleys is a lot safer anyday

chester1:

Food at All4Trucks only served from 1830-2130 in evening now! Think Restaurant open lunchtime too but don’t know times. Shop closed down too!

I think All 4 Trucks should be re-named “All 4 Waberer’s”.

al4trucks was a brilliant idea…about 10-15 years too late!

Harry Monk:
I think All 4 Trucks should be re-named “All 4 Waberer’s”.

+1 only bonus is that you will get a ■■■■■■■■■■■■ lol

I wouldnt bother paying to park in Folkestone in the old hover port,yes it is handy near the night clubs and town,but i would park by the train station at the top of town and it is a few minutes walk down.Cheriton road.

Thats a long walk back after a few beers, steep aswell :smiley:

Once told if you can not pull a bird at the weekend in Folkestone,there is something wrong with you drive. :laughing:

toby1234abc:
Once told if you can not pull a bird at the weekend in Folkestone,there is something wrong with you drive. :laughing:

The problem was getting them to let go when Greenpeace rocked up to push em back in the water though Tobes :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:smiley: :laughing: