Parking in Ayr

Hi all,
looking to park somewhere in or near Ayr on Sunday evening for an early collection Monday morning. Anyone help as I don’t know the area well and have been told it’s no longer possible to park at the Racecourse.

Thanks

M G B.

Park beside Asda,Heathfield Retail Park,off Whitletts r/about (the one with traffic lights all round it),hope this helps

Although not a million miles from my depot I’ve had to pull the curtains a few times in Ayr and the racecourse was ideal but more recently I’ve used,
1: As GOG47 Says Heathfield retail park but don’t stop in the service yard area, stop on the road between the retail park and Asda
2: Promenade of Saltpans Rd but to be honest unless your a real heavy sleeper this aint the best, the sea battering about allnight can get a bit loud. Probably a last resort type of place
3: Nice big deep layby on the A70 a mile or so of the A77, not much about but ok if you self catering . There is a snack bar during the weekdays but not sure if it’ll be ther early enough for your breakie.

Would have been nice if the OP had replied to you both, not only to thank you for your help, but it would have been a help to other drivers, to hear the OP’s thoughts on it.

Yes I agree,Thanks guys, I parked in the layby on the A70 got there about 20.30 so went to sleep almost straight away & left about 05.45,was quiet enough.

Good evening all. Just after the same information really, the original post is a few years old now so just wanted to check it’s still ok to overnight near the Asda. Off up Sunday afternoon for Monday a.m. delivery.
Many thanks.

Gremlinc82:
Good evening all. Just after the same information really, the original post is a few years old now so just wanted to check it’s still ok to overnight near the Asda. Off up Sunday afternoon for Monday a.m. delivery.
Many thanks.

Exactly 4 years old if I am reading the posted dates correctly :smiley: :laughing:

Blimey! Well spotted.
Happy anniversary :smiley: