Parking Grimsby

Is there any overnite parking in Grimsby near the town centre? Quite a few yeas ago I used to park on the fish dock
is that still an option? this is only relevant for today .I know about the truckstop and the parking in Immingham
but this is to far away as I want to visit an old relative who lives in the town. thanks, Kevmac47.

yes you can still park on the fish docks. somewhere near the level crossing seems to be popular and out of everyones way

thanks Scanny.

I usually park at Plumb centre, right alongside the road in. Mins from the town, quiet and hassle free.

i havent parked up in grimsby myself but i did a few runs from bellshill to manchester then on to grimsby to do 10 - 12 early morning drops then up to goole to park up for the day. you learn where everyone parks up when you are trying to get to the next drop without waking them up. the businesses get busy from 6am onwards but as long as you park up away from them you should be ok. there arent many parking restrictions on the docks so its just a matter of finding a spot and there are a few within a few hundred feet of the level crossing that are out away from the businesses. most of them are nearer the harbour or at the other side of the road bridge with the weight limit on it (watch your height if you go under that).

That bridge is 14ft 0 If that’s any use to you.

Cheers

philmots:
That bridge is 14ft 0 If that’s any use to you.

Cheers

i couldnt remember the height :blush:

cheers for adding it

I only remember because i know i can just make it under! :sunglasses:

Cleetorpes was aLWAYS A good night,park by railway station,all facilities within walking distance!!!(grab a granny at Winter Gardens Thursday night and warm bed available!!!)Don’t want to lead you young’uns astray…

fraid the winter gardens was demolished back in 2007, it is just a vacent lot, really good for SEASIDE RESORT that has a blue flag for the beaches, and what ever you do DON’T PARK at the back of homebase on victora street, you can still see the (faded) burn marks after a driver truck was arsoned.

the lorry park at cleethorps is alright boyracers go there somtimes
http://redirect.nelincs.gov.uk/AtoZ/atozDetail?ID=7004

philgor