parking fines

evening all. can anybody help me with the link for the letter that you can send to these dodgy companies that keep petering me for overstay at the green supermarket (10 mins) thanks in advance.

m.a.n rules:
evening all. can anybody help me with the link for the letter that you can send to these dodgy companies that keep petering me for overstay at the green supermarket (10 mins) thanks in advance.

DON’T RESPOND :grimacing: simples :sunglasses:

it’s a speculative INVOICE, bin it

there is one on martins money tips site i think.

Dear sir or madam,
Charge notice reference No: 0123456789
With reference to the above numbered Charge Notice, I hereby appeal on the following grounds:

1. My driver did not agree to enter into any contract with you.
  2. The amount claimed is not a reasonable pre-estimate of any losses incurred.

Should this appeal be unsuccessful, please send the authorisation code required to lodge an appeal with POPLA

Yours Faithfully,
Joe Bloggs

(Delete info below before sending)
Of course, they are entitled to send me the authorisation code, but if I appeal to POPLA then the appeal will cost them £27.50 and it won’t cost me anything. And POPLA will uphold my appeal because they are only entitled to claim for genuine losses, and not to issue £90 fines.

Its very important to understand that you do not have a fine ,but a penalty notice.I have a few penalty notices which I am ignoring.A fine from the Council on the other hand has to be paid.

Assuming you were actually shopping in the supermarket, a letter/email/phone call to the manager of said store will probably sort things out.

The last thing they’ll want is genuine customers getting pinched

ignore,ignore,ignore. they are not valid…just ignore till they go away

Have a look at www.pepipoo.com

I would urge you not to ignore.

Either appeal, then submit a “Not a Genuine Pre-estimate of loss” POPLA appeal, which will see this vanish

A LOT of private parking companies are taking the “Ignorers” to court and winning, either because the defence is not robust enough, or due to the fact that the county courts are a lottery and can go either way.

POPLA is the best option, but if you haven’t got the time to research and submit the appeals, I highly recommend Parking Ticket Appeals Service (http://www.parkingticketappeals.org.uk/) who will see this thing sorted GUARANTEED, or they will pay the invoice to the parking company if they don’t win the independant appeal, all for £16

Have a look on here Money Saving Expert. The advice to ignore them changed in 2012/2013. For a PCN issued in England and Wales, it should not be ignored. Follow the links on MSE to appeal it. PCN issued in Scotland or NI, then ignore. Again MSE explains why.

Use the money saving expert one. When I appealed mine tbe company refused the appeal so I went to poplar. The company wanted £90 for a 10 minute overstay and I only paid 80p fir an hour. We won the appeal with poplar

Just file 'em in the bin. Once theyve gone through a tree or two theyll get the message.