Parking Eye

Hi all,

My daughter just got a £70.00 parking eye fine dropped thought the letter box, I am right by saying BIN IT.

Cheers

Welly

Welly why don’t you do what I have just done, look up Parking Eye Fine on tinternet, all your answers are there seems it’s a scam.

Armagedon:
Welly why don’t you do what I have just done, look up Parking Eye Fine on tinternet, all your answers are there seems it’s a scam.

Just done that and one person say when he wants a long term parking place he look for Car pack with parking eye Lol

Cheers

Welly

Do not under any circumstances pay it ,you are only legaly responsible for Police and your local council or any council parking tickets .
The rest all these so called official parking agency’s a load of crap.
I have just spent the last year binning junk mail from two of these outfits don’t even communicate with them. My daughter a nurse in the local hospital has had quite a lot of them they have a league to see who can collect the most.
Even the clampers it’s just they are a bit difficult to tear up
P if I ever get clamped out wive burning gear Mwahhhh :smiley:

Dont ignore it as Parking Eye is issuing a lot of court summonses for “Ignorers”

Go over to forums.pepipoo.com

Write in a weak appeal, get a POPLA code, send POPLA a full blown appeal and win

This costs them £27+VAT

Mrgee1956:
Do not under any circumstances pay it ,you are only legaly responsible for Police and your local council or any council parking tickets .
The rest all these so called official parking agency’s a load of crap.
I have just spent the last year binning junk mail from two of these outfits don’t even communicate with them. My daughter a nurse in the local hospital has had quite a lot of them they have a league to see who can collect the most.
Even the clampers it’s just they are a bit difficult to tear up
P if I ever get clamped out wive burning gear Mwahhhh :smiley:

This information is totally outdated, for a start, Clamping is now ILLEGAL on private land.

As I put above, Parking Eye have issued loads of court summonses to people who ignore them (In the thousands)

Welly Bobby:
Hi all,

My daughter just got a £70.00 parking eye fine dropped thought the letter box, I am right by saying BIN IT.

Cheers

Welly

Unfortunately you now owe me £100 for reading this thread, coz i feel like it.

If handled the right way my statement above is as legally binding as the parking eye sepeculative invoice.

With the ironically named protection of freedoms act thingy parking firms have got a little more inventive and can chase the registered keeper but check out pepipoo and moneysaving expert forum for tips how to handle this.

Course if its a fair cop then you could always make an offer (without prejudice in full and final settlement)representing what you feel is a true representation of their losses,a cheque for £2 normally covers it or 4 cheques for 50p each.

the driver is the person who is responsible for the “fine” and NOT the registered keeper, these companies usually offer you a chance to pay a reduced fine if payed in less than fourteen days, or the MONEY SHOT, an appeal if you think it is an unfair ticket, once you reply you are admitting to being the driver and as such will chase you for the money, as mentioned above there is no legal requirement to pay, only council or police ticket’s are enforceable by law. simply ignore all correspondance, including the solicitors letter’s (who are usually tied in with the parking enforcement company). DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES ADMIT TO BEING THE DRIVER OF THE VEHICLE. it will go away eventually.

scaniia141:
the driver is the person who is responsible for the “fine” and NOT the registered keeper,

Things have changed a little since the introduction onto the statute book of the protection of freedoms act.
Ignoring them used to be a good option now its worth some extra research on the forums I mentioned.

Don’t take my word for it though use tinternet its great :slight_smile:

Talking of tinternet and its benefits I was out camping last year and the campsite had free wi-fi, whilst out on a ramble I spotted a plant I didn’t know the name of so the free wi-fi allowed me to go back to my tent, get me laptop out and watch some ■■■■.

Dipper_Dave:
Unfortunately you now owe me £100 for reading this thread, coz i feel like it.

If handled the right way my statement above is as legally binding as the parking eye sepeculative invoice.

Ah I do love RDC room lawyers.

The contract is legally binding in respect to parking companies because you are informed of the terms of the car park when you enter and at various signs and by using it you are deemed to have agreed to them. If you don’t agree to them you don’t park there.

Where they can fall down is that the charge should be proportional so in order for them to win a case for a £70 charge they have to prove it is proportional to the loss. It used to be that the charge could only be applied to the driver but when the govt changed the law to make clamping illegal a concession was that the parking companies could go after the registered keeper of a vehicle.

No idea about the legality, but I had similar; ignored the first letter, ignored the second grumpy letter and then ignored the one where they threatened to take me to court. Never heard anymore and that was about 3 years ago.

If she was in a store car park complain to the store as they (as the employer of these scum) can ask for it to be dropped :slight_smile:

The legality of the contract can be questioned on a number of factors including but not limited to:
Sign Visibilty and legibility
Sign Location
Sign Wording
The sum involved is not a fair representation of losses (as mentioned by my learned armchair colleague)

Age and capacity of parties involved, i.e if the driver was under 18 it would be difficult to sue them in a civil court.

Pretty much the parking company is chancing it at best as only a court can deciede in circumstances like this if the contract is ‘legally binding’, historically the parking companies have relied on those suckers that pay up but now more and more people use tinternet this pool of the illinfomed is draining.

Always seek independent advice though, as individual circumstances will differ.

Courts hate their time being wasted though so if you feel cornered/worried make what you feel is a fair offer.

Also the word ‘court’ is more threatening than what happens in reality- this sort of situation would be allocated the small claims track and you would probably just sit round a desk with a mediator rather than the full wig and gown courtroom drama we see on TV.

You can also appeal to POPLA which the parking company will have to pay for.

In the end weigh up the cost vs hassle aspect and although just binning the threatening letters can work its not guaranteed.

Just guessin…

10-08:
If she was in a store car park complain to the store as they (as the employer of these scum) can ask for it to be dropped :slight_smile:

So it’s not the owner of the land then who employ these companies, just the shop that is usually leasing the land or premises.

I wonder what gives the store that right, The fairies :question:

I learn something new everyday :grimacing:

speedyguy:

10-08:

So it’s not the owner of the land then who employ these companies, just the shop that is usually leasing the land or premises.

I wonder what gives the store that right, The fairies :question:

I learn something new everyday :grimacing:

I don’t know exactly but when it happened to my mum we complained to the store and they got it cancelled so yeah the fairies obviously.

For what its worth, the landlord (land owner) and head lease holder maybe different but the parking company could be working for either. If the store has the land incorporated into the lease then they will be the employers of the parking company vultures (course they are/should be getting a kick back from the fines paid).

Complaining to the store and making it clear that you will not be using them in the future and also informing your friends on facebook is a good way to get the parking ticket recinded, better than any nonsense appeals process with the parking company vultures.

Oh and you might also get some free vouchers from the store for the inconvenience if your lucky.

I got one from parking eye when I went out to a broken down coach at work
I went out in a coach and a 2nd person dropped the van down
first coach left on the wrecker we was send 3 fines from them to TFL :laughing:
sent them back to company nope they still want to fine us :unamused:
File it under B for Bin

Hello, I can help you with this. Please do the following.

1. Write to the Appeals Section of the private parking company and say…

I hereby appeal against parking notice No ABC12345678 on the grounds that I did not agree to enter into any legal contract with you. Should this appeal be rejected, please send the POPLA reference number.

1. They will send this.

1. Go to POPLA’s website, enter the reference number and your grounds for appeal, namely that you did not agree to enter into any legal contract with the private parking company. The appeal will cost the private parking company £27.50, it doesn’t cost you anything.

2. A week or so later, this will arrive.

Conor:
The contract is legally binding in respect to parking companies because you are informed of the terms of the car park when you enter and at various signs and by using it you are deemed to have agreed to them. If you don’t agree to them you don’t park there.

Completely and totally wrong.

A sign saying “If you park here then you agree to pay us £25” is legal nonsense. The only person who can say if I agree to something is me. Please don’t advise fellow drivers to hand over money to fraudsters if you don’t understand the first thing about contract law.

There are three things required to form a legal contract, offer, acceptance and consideration. If the acceptance isn’t there, then there is no legal contract.

Harry Monk:
Hello, I can help you with this. Please do the following.

1. Write to the Appeals Section of the private parking company and say…

I hereby appeal against parking notice No ABC12345678 on the grounds that I did not agree to enter into any legal contract with you. Should this appeal be rejected, please send the POPLA reference number.

1. They will send this.

1. Go to POPLA’s website, enter the reference number and your grounds for appeal, namely that you did not agree to enter into any legal contract with the private parking company. The appeal will cost the private parking company £27.50, it doesn’t cost you anything.

2. A week or so later, this will arrive.

Nice one Harry. :wink: