Parking Eye

Received a letter yesterday from the now legal robbers yesterday quoting the change in the way the get their pound of flesh it states:- Following a revision by the high court we now want £200 of you for overstaying the parking time in Aldi at Elgin, pay up or else (or words to the same effect !!)

bin

How long was the parking limit?

Not sure if you can bin em now after the court ruling

HELLO Sailor,Stick it in the bin.The law is different in Scotland :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: hooray.If you want to comunicate with the barstewards ask them to set a court date and tell them that they will be required to show their losses that were incurred by your actions.Remember that this is a CIVIL matter so you are not being punished its about them being reimbursed for their loss,as they have lost nothing they are entitled to nothing.

If so then they are on a ride to no where as far as I am concerned then. Thanks

Do they know the DRIVER?

Very interesti g they mention the Supreme Court when it means ■■■■ all in scotland

SEDriver:
Do they know the DRIVER?

Don’t need to as registered keeper is responsible for those sort of charges.

raymundo:

SEDriver:
Do they know the DRIVER?

Don’t need to as registered keeper is responsible for those sort of charges.

Not in Scotland they aren’t

raymundo:
Elgin

Elgin. In other words: Scotland - POFA doesn’t apply in Scotland, and neither does keeper liability. Ignore is no longer the best advice… but in Scotland, advice is a letter something along the lines of the following:

Dear ■■■■■,

I am responding to your PCN ref: ■■■ as the registered keeper of vehicle reg ■■■. Please take this matter up with the driver.

Regards,
■■

They will probably try to tell you that you MUST tell them who the driver is. They’re lying.

Post it on Pepipoo forums for further advice Re: trading standards prosecuting them for fraud, if they start any of their ■■■■■■■■.

HTH.

Mysituation is I am a bus driver and often drive school children into Perth for various 2 hour activities.While they do their thing I park at a retail park out of the way, not too close to the shops.I go for a swim and sauna ,its a hard life but some one has to do it.The parking cowboys contact the office who then hand me the paper work which I bin.There is word that they can try to cause trouble with your credit rating.

Have a look on Citizens Advice Bureau (Scotland) website, I found some useful info on there a while back about parking eye. I seem to remember it saying something along the lines of parking eye only being able to fine you the amount of revenue they have lost up to a maximum of £70 ie if a potential paying customer can’t find an empty space because you’re parked in one then they can fine you the money they could have earned from that customer. So if you parked in a half empty car park then they can’t fine you anything because other customers were able to get parked. Also they send the letter to the registered keeper and if you weren’t driving the car that day you’re not obliged to tell them who was.

The b…r is in the detail.The parking operators cant FINE any one ,they can only try it on with penalties which as we now know dont have to be paid.The local councils on the other hand do have powers of enforcement and you have to pay their charges for stopping on double yellow lines and that sort of thing.

So can they now enforce a parking charge in England now they have court ruling in another case

SHYTOT:
So can they now enforce a parking charge in England now they have court ruling in another case

It’s getting more difficult to contest these things BUT the major part is whether they pay to operate in the car park.

Mr Beavis was caught in a car park where they pay 2k a week to operate, sorry, fleece the motorist.