parking charge notice

just thought I would give a bit of info for any of you guys that find yourself in this position ,
received a Parking charge notice for going over the free parking allowed at Macdonalds Gatwick ,would think this would apply to any parking notice people get for private land , the old school of thought was just ignore it as not a parking fine ie not from police or council which are different and you cannot ignore ,
as from 2012 the legalities changed and some of these people are now following up court proceedings to get the fine paid , so is a bit of a lottery as wether you ignore and they just give up or if they follow up to make an example of you ,
Many of these companies are for private land ie macdonalds c/p supermarket parking etc and they have a sign saying limited parking do not exceed a certain time limit , they photograph the veh entering and leaving and you get a Parking charge notice for the fine .

It is worth calling the company that you parked at ie maccy d or supermarket and ask for the charge to be canc , have found that they would rather keep your custom and canc the parking charge so you no longer have to pay the fine .

Rang Macdonalds this morning and spoke to the manager and just said that I was using the facilities there, ie was in Macdonalds eating and not just waiting in the c/p the lady I spoke to did not even challenge me at all and canc the ticket there and then , did not even have to produce receipts , so if you get one of these its worth talking to the owner of the c/p before you decide to pay (or ignore, lottery doing that in my opinion) and you may find they will canc the fine there and then . :smiley:

I got one on a Retail Park, I fought it and after 12 months I won the case. Scum of the earth these cowboys. Glad to hear that mcds cancelled it for you. Mine was at KFC and they weren’t interested in helping me, even though it was their fault I got it. Anyway :slight_smile:

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/for … .php?f=163

Very good site in helping you fight parking tickets. These helped me out just in case anyone else gets one. Don’t ignore it the law changed in respect to that, and don’t pay it either challenge it.

Why would you ever waste 12 months fighting it?

Just bin the ■■■■ thing.

Has anybody had one from the place where B&M at Speke is? If so, how did you get on? I’m in the middle of ignoring one, currently at debt collector stage (which I’ve found out is part of the parking company) my TM is also using me as a ‘guinea pig’ by my choice not forced, as a few drivers at our place had just payed them.

@stagedriver, you can’t just ignore them now sadly. They end up taking you to court these days. I’m not sure what has changed in the law but it’s all explained in the above site. Dvla play a part in it to selling your registration details to parking companies for £3 a pop, nice of them to protect our data.

@desperate, you’ll probably end up getting a court summons after the debt collector stage. I’d have a good read at the above site and maybe ask for help regarding it. Because the last thing you want is to get summoned to court and have no case to throw at them.

I’ve never paid a parking ticket in my life. Never pay to park (lorry or PV) and I never will.

I’ve never been taken to court for parking and I doubt I ever will

I don’t know why Tom, but Iv read of people who have attended court. I wasn’t going to find out myself if I’d of been summons, and by me fighting the parking ticket it cost the parking company money so they ended up losing more than they bargain for haha

There are a bunch of private parking companies who will take you to court (Parking Eye are notorious for it) and just as many who eventually go away if you do just ignore them.

The best advice now is to appeal with whatever you like, most ppc’s will deny your appeal and should include a POPLA code to appeal to them.

Don’t appeal to POPLA using mitigation, use moneysavingexpert site or pepipoo site for advice on what appeals to POPLA are guaranteed to win if worded properly.

Parking companies have up to 6 years to bring a court claim, you don’t want that hanging over your head for that long, get POPLA and kill it early :slight_smile: