Parking charge! How dare they? :-(

Coffeeholic:

LJA:

Mullens:
I think that is very harsh getting a ticket, not like your causing anyone trouble! Are you going to take the ticket on the chin or contest it?

That makes two of us mate! Yeah, I have already contested it. I sent an email with my photos to them yesterday, so we will just have to wait and see, eh? :confused:

Problem with that is your photos have just confirmed the offence. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

This road in Luton
is used by trucks for overnight parking, some park as per the trucks in the picture and some put their n/s wheels on the pavement. I’ve often walked along there and seen all the ones parked normally with no ticket and all the others with a ticket on the screen. You take a chance parking on a verge, you will probably get away with it more often than not but sometimes you’ll end up paying.

Well I certainly have mate, but don’t ya think it’s taking the pi55 a bit when
A: You are not obstructing anyone or anything? (And are actually parked in a safer position!) and (here’s the bit that really gets to me…)
B: They don’t knock on your door and tell you to move it over, if it’s that much of a concern to them? Like a traffic warden who spots a driver parked illegally on a road in the day. He will inform the driver he is parked illegally and he should move on or else. No, they ignore fact A and certainly don’t want to carry out point B because they won’t make their easy money that way.

Nevermind what the actaul law says about parking on grass verges. Yes, that is an offence under certain circumstances, but as others have pointed out here about common sense being long gone, this is just an easy way for this council to use that particular ‘infringement’ to make money. End of! It’s absolutely nothing to do with obstructing anyones way or being a hazard etc. :cry:

I can tell you that from now on I will indeed stay off any kerbs even if it means having part of the truck in the carriageway like those ones in that photo of the road in Luton. :confused:

animal:
Concret & tarmac have to be kept & the council dont have the money for that or anything else like sign etc

No-one has common sense these days it has been by passed long time ago

Yup! 100% correct there.

beanie:

YAMBOL57:
You know the Answer then mate if he dont pay the fine for ya then park and pay :laughing: when he pull ya just say well that way i dont get the ticket :wink: .

Sat Nav Fort Road, Tilbury. N.51.27’08", E 0.22’12".

Eh? :confused:

beanie:

YAMBOL57:
You know the Answer then mate if he dont pay the fine for ya then park and pay :laughing: when he pull ya just say well that way i dont get the ticket :wink: .

Sat Nav Fort Road, Tilbury. N.51.27’08", E 0.22’12".

And then ■■?

About 5 of us all got tickets on the A12 a few years back for parking without lights. We were told that if there is no physical divider between the road and the lay-by, you must keep your sidelights on. Gaffer paid them all so what’s actually right or wrong I have no idea…

Well all i can say is , when you have to park up in or around the burough of Thurrock then park 100% legal as the local council have gone anti lorries , shutting the lorry parks making loads of roads no access to us, they have you going exactly where they want you to drive it really gets my goat :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

As you were parked illegal then I would have give you points on your licence just because I could & would do it to EVERY driver wether it be car / van lorry / bin lorry / taxi

Or you could have been taken to small claims court for damage

Law

Sorry LJA but looking at the photo I can’t really see why you needed to park on the grass. If you look at it from the councils point of view they have to maintain the verges and replace the kerbs that get knackered by being run over, so I can see why you got a ticket. Bet you the local plod have been asked to crack down on it and you’d have got a ticket even if they’d woken you. Bit of hard luck getting caught, but crap parking all the same… no offence… :smiley:

animal:
As you were parked illegal then I would have give you points on your licence just because I could & would do it to EVERY driver wether it be car / van lorry / bin lorry / taxi

Law

Under the road traffic act 1991, it was decriminalised and handed over to tlocal authorites to issue PCN’s a local council can not issue points only give a fine … the Police are one’s with the powers to do that/

Lets just hope you dont go through a red light or past a camera at speed whilst trying to adjust your halo!

Foxstein:
Sorry LJA but looking at the photo I can’t really see why you needed to park on the grass. If you look at it from the councils point of view they have to maintain the verges and replace the kerbs that get knackered by being run over, so I can see why you got a ticket. Bet you the local plod have been asked to crack down on it and you’d have got a ticket even if they’d woken you. Bit of hard luck getting caught, but crap parking all the same… no offence… :smiley:

Looking at the photo… :open_mouth: if he’d parked off the kerb then the back end of his trailer would have been out on the road, obstructing the flow with that island just next to his off side. i’m assuming he couldn’t get any further forward possibly due to another waggon parked up front. if the council don’t want lgv’s to park there then they should prohibit it. what would you do… leave your trailer sticking out presenting a hazzard to other road users, or use the verge… i know what i’d do!

animal:

Law

what a load of … :open_mouth:

animal:

Law

You are saying that tongue in cheek I assume?

I think its a real shame that you got a ticket that ■■■■■

Having seen the picture though i don’t think that I would have parked in that spot. Its in a residential area which nimbys don’t like and the road is narrow due to the traffic Island in the road. If I was out of hours completely I would stop somewhere like that otherwise I would look for somewhere more industrial or a wider lay-by.

I guess its just one of those things and we all live and learn and the next drivers opinion will be completely different to mine

wdf76:

Foxstein:

Looking at the photo… :open_mouth: if he’d parked off the kerb then the back end of his trailer would have been out on the road, obstructing the flow with that island just next to his off side. i’m assuming he couldn’t get any further forward possibly due to another waggon parked up front. if the council don’t want lgv’s to park there then they should prohibit it. what would you do… leave your trailer sticking out presenting a hazzard to other road users, or use the verge… i know what i’d do!

Pretty sure the council aren’t bothered about wagons parking in the layby, they just don’t want them parking on the grass, making ruts and leaving mud up the road.
I know what I’d do, I wouldn’t park there, but if I did I wouldn’t be suprised if I got a ticket :unamused: :unamused:

wdf76:

Yes mate. I was right upto within a few inches of the truck in front. Which is why I went onto the MUD verge (there was no grass there and probably never is!) in order to be in a safer position. Before parking up there, I had been driving around for a while and couldn’t find anywhere else before my driving time was up, so what else was I to do? :unamused:

Foxstein:
Pretty sure the council aren’t bothered about wagons parking in the layby, they just don’t want them parking on the grass, making ruts and leaving mud up the road.
I know what I’d do, I wouldn’t park there, but if I did I wouldn’t be suprised if I got a ticket :unamused: :unamused:

Yeah, but it would be nice if they made the laybys slightly wider to accommodate for vehicles that are wider than a car.

m4rky:
Having seen the picture though i don’t think that I would have parked in that spot. Its in a residential area which nimbys don’t like and the road is narrow due to the traffic Island in the road. If I was out of hours completely I would stop somewhere like that otherwise I would look for somewhere more industrial or a wider lay-by.

Not always that easy mate when you have made your last delivery just in time and then have to scout around for somewhere to park up before running out of driving time. :frowning: Oh, and the photo only shows one way. If you look at the view from the other way it’s just a main road with no houses, factories etc. So it’s right on the edge of a residential area and I didn’t place the layby there! :slight_smile:

animal:

Law

Really?? :open_mouth:

Yep the Police can give you points on your licence for parking as they see it with wheels on the kerb ( or blocking the public right of way ) last I heard approx 15 year ago was upto 3

Yes you can be taken to the small claims court for damages this has been done long time ago a car had the front of his bumper over the path a lady ripped her coat on it took said driver to small claims court lady won

discoman:

animal:

Law

Under the road traffic act 1991, it was decriminalised and handed over to tlocal authorites to issue PCN’s a local council can not issue points only give a fine … the Police are one’s with the powers to do that/

Lets just hope you dont go through a red light or past a camera at speed whilst trying to adjust your halo!

Can you point out to me where I said it was the council :question: :question: & sorry my halo smashed years ago :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ShropsBri:

animal:

Law

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

animal:

ShropsBri:

animal:

Law

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: do you have a longing to be a traffic warden or what ! :laughing: :laughing:

bandit12:

animal:

ShropsBri:

animal:

Law

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: do you have a longing to be a traffic warden or what ! :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: nope not tall enough or fit enough :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

As for being a residential area, not so long ago it was the main road into London, the A13 no less. There are always vehicles parked in that lay by. Next time stay off of the muddy verge and you wil be fine.

You could always try the Esso garage just back along that stretch, plenty of parking there.

fodentanker:
As for being a residential area, not so long ago it was the main road into London, the A13 no less. There are always vehicles parked in that lay by. Next time stay off of the muddy verge and you wil be fine.

You could always try the Esso garage just back along that stretch, plenty of parking there.

Yeah, I think I went past that and couldn’t see any spaces, but like you say if I stay off the kerbs from now on I should be fine. So that’s exactly what I shall do. Like I said before…you live & learn! :unamused:

animal:
Yep the Police can give you points on your licence for parking as they see it with wheels on the kerb ( or blocking the public right of way ) last I heard approx 15 year ago was upto 3

Yes you can be taken to the small claims court for damages this has been done long time ago a car had the front of his bumper over the path a lady ripped her coat on it took said driver to small claims court lady won

Well I never! :open_mouth: Mind you, with the way this country is run, I am definitely not surprised! :angry: