Parking Charge Charnock Richards

Got a £100 charge from Parking Eye for 36 mins over the 2 hours free time, any way out of paying it?

Go to www.pepipoo.com and do some reading.

Ask Harry Monk what to do…Bin it.
But I bet it’s not your wagon and the boss will pay it and take it from your wages !

3 wheeler:
Ask Harry Monk what to do…Bin it.
But I bet it’s not your wagon and the boss will pay it and take it from your wages !

Or ask Barry Beavis :question:

Just out of interest were you in a truck on a break or just hanging out waiting to tip somewhere nearby ?

I would ignore it.Its a Civil matter and not really worth their trouble pursueing you.

alamcculloch:
I would ignore it.Its a Civil matter and not really worth their trouble pursueing you.

Sorry Alan, but that is very bad advice. Parking Eye are a very litigious company and they WILL initiate court action against anybody ignoring their letters.

The OP has received a penalty because the in/out capture cameras have recorded a time difference of 2 hours 36 minutes between entering and exiting the site. It could be that the OP was not actually parked for this long but had to queue up for 40 of those minutes to fill up with diesel while he was on site. Just sayin’, like. :wink:

Harry Monk:

alamcculloch:

Sorry Alan, but that is very bad advice. Parking Eye are a very litigious company and they WILL initiate court action against anybody ignoring their letters.

The OP has received a penalty because the in/out capture cameras have recorded a time difference of 2 hours 36 minutes between entering and exiting the site. It could be that the OP was not actually parked for this long but had to queue up for 40 of those minutes to fill up with diesel while he was on site. Just sayin’, like. :wink:

Good one ,Iirc it says 2 hrs free parking ,it dosent mention time on site or the use of other services Avalible .

My bad ,I forgot that most of you are in England where the legal system is different.There has not been a court case in Scotland yet.A guy recently gave a parking firm a few thousand pounds but I think that he must have been a shill.

alamcculloch:
My bad ,I forgot that most of you are in England where the legal system is different.There has not been a court case in Scotland yet.

Interesting point,
I suppose the home office (formerly a DfT remit) see Scotland as part of the ‘home nations’ but if you commit an ‘offence’ in a private Scottish car park as a Scot you probably don’t have to name the driver, but if you commit the ‘offence’ in England do you have to name the driver as a Scot in ‘another country’ ?
Same applies vice versa if you are English visiting a ‘private’ Scottish car park do you have to name the driver or can you tell them to do one ?

I may run that past the Home Office bods it will blow their minds thinking about it :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :grimacing: