Parking cameras in services

Pulled into Leigh Delamare services last week for a break,fell asleep woke up 2 hours later.Long story short went in to services for a paper and then left,by which time I’ve been there 3hrs.On saturday post arrives and I received a summon for over stay in services for £80.00.Just wondered if anyone else as had summons did they ignore it or as it got to be payed.It seems a bit much to me for an hour over the free parking time allowed.

Happened to me a couple of years ago at Lym Truckstop, I had to pay £60… :angry: :angry:

Ask big joe he’ll tell you what too do but i think it dont contact them in anyway

Hi Welshman,

Martine Lewis did an article on this last week on the Jeremy Vine Show. Basically what
he said was that from a private source it is not a summons or fine it is an invoice. His
recommendation was to write back and say that you do not accept the invoice. Then ignore
all other correspondence other than to say you dispute the invoice.

You may find more on his site
moneysavingexpert.com/reclai … et-appeals

Good luck

Regards
Westie

scotstrucker:
Ask big joe he’ll tell you what too do but i think it dont contact them in anyway

Dead right, totally ignore all correspondence no matter what they threaten, the phone number is premium rate and contacting them gives them the impression you’re worried, they will now know who the driver was and the hassle will continue needlessly.

If you don’t contact them they’ll send another demand for £120, ignore it, then they will threaten a bad credit reference (only a judge can issue a ccj if they take you to court and win, which they won’t), then they put it in the hands of a debt collector (who just happens to be them in a different guise) who’ll also send you a threatening letter which is also worthless.
Just chill, and think about what its costing them, £5 to get the data from swansea plus postage and time :sunglasses: .

Sound advice alround thanks lads its nice to know if the circumstances arise :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

other week i had to get a repair sorted on my crane, so pulled in donnington servs to meet the fella, after about 1-50ish i drove out and back in again for another hour +… ive heard nothing back asyet :laughing:

Thanks for the advice gents,look’s like I will be ignoring the threatening letters.But if I do have to pay perhaps we can have a wip round (only joking)

Big Joe:
Dead right, totally ignore all correspondence no matter what they threaten, the phone number is premium rate and contacting them gives them the impression you’re worried, they will now know who the driver was and the hassle will continue needlessly.

If you don’t contact them they’ll send another demand for £120, ignore it, then they will threaten a bad credit reference (only a judge can issue a ccj if they take you to court and win, which they won’t), then they put it in the hands of a debt collector (who just happens to be them in a different guise) who’ll also send you a threatening letter which is also worthless.
Just chill, and think about what its costing them, £5 to get the data from swansea plus postage and time :sunglasses: .

Spot on, these letters originate from companies who earn fortunes from exploiting the natural fear of people who do not understand The Law. You can only get financially inconvenienced if you get a County Court Judgement (CCJ) against you, and no parking ticket company will ever take this route- they never do.

might be a bit late now but in martin lewis’ article in the news of the world today he is talking about this . hope this helps

The only time to worry is when you get a ticket from a local authority, if you don’t pay it, they can and will send in a bailiff to retrieve the money!

OK, so reading this as its written…

The services private parking ‘Camera’ Company cannot force you to pay thier ‘fine’

So why do clampers get away with it, surely its the same situation…

:question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

Got one for parking in the coach bay at Clacketts when I was breaking my neck. Filed under “B” for bin! Never heard anymore…

Martin has also done an article in todays News of the World,and it also features here by someone else:

honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/ … =2&t=77286

Ken.

Coddy:
OK, so reading this as its written…

The services private parking ‘Camera’ Company cannot force you to pay thier ‘fine’

So why do clampers get away with it, surely its the same situation…

:question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

You are paying to have the clamp removed in that case.

i had a debt collector after me for around 6 months for a mobile phone contract that i had never applied for. at first the letters were coming from down south then bellshill threatening to take legal action and come round to take items from my house. i have not acknowledged a single letter and they just stopped coming.
there was a documentary on a while ago about their tactics. they try and set up payment but when you do offer they will say they need to transfer you to their legal representatives who are actually in the same office as the person you are talking to using a different company name. they dont put you through to any lawyers. these people prey on fear so ignore them