Parking Bury st Eds

Euros died off for August,so on UK, be looking to park up Mon night around B st EDS . Any thoughts fellas. Don’t fancy trekking to Orwell. Don’t want some poxy layby.

There’s a lorry park at Bury St Edmonds, off at the A134 jct (don’t know jct no) head for Bury, left at next roundabout. Right by the A14 & is signed up.

Risby Roadside Restaurant as it’s now called at Saxham 01284 811999. IP28 6RD. Food good and showers are great. Pub is a fair walk away.

Red Lodge Cafe in Red Lodge village 01638 750529. IP28 8LB. Food dodgy and showers in the yard at the back. Pub right across the road.

Hillside Cafe at Bury gets full early and there is a lorry park in Stowmarket on Bridge Street off Gipping Way.

andrewv8:
There’s a lorry park at Bury St Edmonds, off at the A134 jct (don’t know jct no) head for Bury, left at next roundabout. Right by the A14 & is signed up.

Junction 44

Spot on replies, thanks lads.

Another vote for Risby here.

chilistrucker:

Is this what used to be Deputy Dogs café years ago … up on the top on left on E. Bound A14 before you get to Claas Combines / Calor :question:

The Rustler:

chilistrucker:

Is this what used to be Deputy Dogs café years ago … up on the top on left on E. Bound A14 before you get to Claas Combines / Calor :question:

Yeah thats the 1. Last time i went, Feb time it was alright. Parking is abit rough and ready but found the showers were always hot and clean, the caff spotless and the food pretty much spot on. I don’t do much over here but would stop there again if passing, or needing somewhere overnight.

chilistrucker:

The Rustler:

chilistrucker:

Yeah thats the 1. Last time i went, Feb time it was alright. Parking is abit rough and ready but found the showers were always hot and clean, the caff spotless and the food pretty much spot on. I don’t do much over here but would stop there again if passing, or needing somewhere overnight.

Glad that has re-opened … there is a real lack of facilities on the A14 :unamused: Is there still a scrap yard / car breakers next door :question: :question: I’m sure there was something like that last time I went past :question:

I believe there is something there mate, i remember passing a pub, then diesel pumps then the truckstop and think it could be a scrap/pallet yard next door.

Isn’t Derek Coopers yard by the cafe also…