Parking at services and food voucher

Do you company pay all money back if you pay for parking and get food voucher.Or if services parking 26 and with food voucher 28.What they pay you back.At some agency found this Expenses incurred from nights out will be paid at parking cost only. Meal vouchers will not be reimbursed as this falls under the subsistence claimed in the Night Out Allowance. If a meal voucher is purchased at the time of parking we will deduct the meal voucher element from the expense.

Mine just pay what the receipt says which normally has a meal voucher because if you’re in an MSA then you might aswell eat there for a couple of quid.

Having said that if they did want to pay me back parking only I get a night out allowance anyway so it’s a couple of quid out of that which is still fine because that’s what it’s there for.

This is one of my pet hates, the meal vouchers, the limited choices at night and nuked stodge. A parking place for a lorry should be a sensible price, £10/12 is sensible. The night out money is for the driver to feed them and do laundry etc, it’s up to the driver where and what he eats.

The disappointment is paying for a meal voucher and it doesn’t cover the cost of a proper breakfast !

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Andrejs:
Do you company pay all money back if you pay for parking and get food voucher.Or if services parking 26 and with food voucher 28.What they pay you back.At some agency found this Expenses incurred from nights out will be paid at parking cost only. Meal vouchers will not be reimbursed as this falls under the subsistence claimed in the Night Out Allowance. If a meal voucher is purchased at the time of parking we will deduct the meal voucher element from the expense.

They should only deduct the difference.
ie parking and meal £30
Parking only £28
Difference £2 so only the £28 would be paid back.
It’s nothing to do with the company it’s the HMRC trying to stop the tax fiddling that’s been going on for years .