Parking around Weston or Bristol

Got a run down to Redruth from the Midlands on Monday. Looking at getting back to around this sort of area if all goes well.

It not an area I normally park in, so was wondering if you guys and girls have any tips on good parking places.

Industrial estate or similar if fine as I will be empty.

Just in case anyone is worried about giving out their favourite places, you wont even know I have been there, no rubbish, mess or noise from me.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Portishead industrial estate. Recently double yellowed but according to a mate there are a few empty units whose frontage you can park on which keeps you off the road. Couple of decent pubs and eateries 5 minutes walk away.

Asda car park at Gribbs Causeway Bristol , park at the end bit , loads of drivers use it , McDonald’s for coffee nearby or Junction 24 truck stop off the M5 Bridgwater, SNAP parking, shower and cafe .
Avonmouth truck stop Bristol . Or park on industrial estate .

The truckstop at Avonmouth, not far off the M5…

toby1234abc:
Asda car park at Gribbs Causeway Bristol , park at the end bit , loads of drivers use it , McDonald’s for coffee nearby or Junction 24 truck stop off the M5 Bridgwater, SNAP parking, shower and cafe .

Didn’t someone say a few weeks ago that Asda stopped the hgv parking at cribs again?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

drover:

toby1234abc:

Didn’t someone say a few weeks ago that Asda stopped the hgv parking at cribs again?

Yep

Unforunately truck stop is out of the question as boss is a cheap git. :frowning:

Put Commerce Way in the Nan Nav , it’s a RT Keedwell transport yard ,in Highbridge off the M5 , before Keedwells , keep the eyes peeled for side roads off the industrial estate or park on the slip road to Yeo Valley , it’s a short walk to the town for takeaway food and one pub , you can get a pizza , kebab, Indian or a Chinese takeaway and grocery shops .
Or exit J 24 M5 , go past the motorway service station , on the road to the Argos RDC , no problems parking there .

Ended up in one of the side roads, cheers everyone for the help.

drover:

toby1234abc:

I’m in asda cribbs now, not in a truck though just doing some shopping

There’s 7 hgv in right now. 2 with UK plates, and 5 with EU. According to the signs it’s a £70 fine enforced by parking eye

chrisdalott , are you sure that parking eye is not years out of date and not enforced at Asda Gribbs Causeway ?
I park there all the time and never received a fine in the post .I’m sure there is no camera or patrols .
No management there have told me to move on .

El Deano:
Unforunately truck stop is out of the question as boss is a cheap git. :frowning:

If your boss won’t pay parking, best you find some nice diesal fairies, that might help him change his mind,

toby1234abc:
chrisdalott , are you sure that parking eye is not years out of date and not enforced at Asda Gribbs Causeway ?
I park there all the time and never received a fine in the post .I’m sure there is no camera or patrols .
No management there have told me to move on .

No I live in Bristol and shop at the asda regularly, the signs are new. They appeared a couple of weeks back. Up until the signs went up there were a lot more lorries in every day and over night up to 25 of them, there are less parking up now. But I can’t say if its actually being enforced. I can’t see any kind of camera system installed