Parking angel....

Anyone had anything to do with this? Any tips?

Some of brakes’s trailers have it, most of which are nothing but a p.i.t.a! If you’ve not come across it, it puts the brakes on when you get close to something (including the bay). Pressing the brake pedal and releasing it seems to allow you to carry on half of the time but I got a bad 'un last night.

Applied brakes out of the blue - frequently (when reversing) even though I was nowhere near anything, jumping out and cleaning the little sensors didnt help. In the end, I unplugged all the electrics and finaly managed to do what I was trying to do :unamused:

Is there a better / easier solution? Would the shunt button disable it?

to use the shunt button you would have to take the red airline off, i was told that they had them fitted because drivers was hitting the bays too hard they will auto brake and let go after 5sec to stop u hitting the bay too hard

Gates:
they will auto brake and let go after 5sec to stop u hitting the bay too hard

Thanks, just knowing that might help.

anyone know how to turn the damned things off when they’re playing up?

Culina have some of them if its raining they can be a swine just unplug the Electrical service line and you good to go Don’t unplug the lights or you will have no hazards if its dark.

darkseeker:
Anyone had anything to do with this? Any tips?

Some of brakes’s trailers have it, most of which are nothing but a p.i.t.a! If you’ve not come across it, it puts the brakes on when you get close to something (including the bay). Pressing the brake pedal and releasing it seems to allow you to carry on half of the time but I got a bad 'un last night.

Applied brakes out of the blue - frequently (when reversing) even though I was nowhere near anything, jumping out and cleaning the little sensors didnt help. In the end, I unplugged all the electrics and finaly managed to do what I was trying to do :unamused:

Is there a better / easier solution? Would the shunt button disable it?

Had these bloody stupid things at Sainsburys years ago,I was reversing in one of their yards off the road in Luton,just kept stopping for no apparent reason,after holding up the traffic for all of 2 minutes,I gave up and did what you did,unplugged the electrics.

Robertthegreat:
Culina have some of them if its raining they can be a swine just unplug the Electrical service line and you good to go Don’t unplug the lights or you will have no hazards if its dark.

How do you tell which is which? They both looked the same to me :confused: other than unplugging 'em and if the lights go out it’s the wrong one :blush:

this system works from a feed from the reversing lights…which is in the auxillary suzie…so just unplug the secondary electric suzie.

usually if you keep pushing back against it it will disengage, if not the pull the suzi like people say :slight_smile:

werent these on trial around 12 years ago with exactly the same issues? i remember hearing about 1 system which would not allow a driver to back onto a bay because it picked it up as a hazard and another system designed to recognise pedestrians which wouldnt allow a driver to reverse between 2 bollards or gateposts because it thought they were people. sounds like the original issues are still not sorted out :unamused:

scanny77:
werent these on trial around 12 years ago with exactly the same issues? i remember hearing about 1 system which would not allow a driver to back onto a bay because it picked it up as a hazard and another system designed to recognise pedestrians which wouldnt allow a driver to reverse between 2 bollards or gateposts because it thought they were people. sounds like the original issues are still not sorted out :unamused:

Nah - these are probably the very same trailors :laughing: