Parking advice

Hi all got a night out after the bank holiday weekend and wondering if any of you know any free overnight parking close to Ayr, or in Ayrshire, usually go up the a75 through Dumfries then a76. Not really keen on using laybys in middle of nowhere so I was going to settle for todhills rest area as theres no cameras and carry on the next morning… any tips or areas near to supermarkets closer to ayr, or even in ayr. cheers

bodycarelad:
Hi all got a night out after the bank holiday weekend and wondering if any of you know any free overnight parking close to Ayr, or in Ayrshire, usually go up the a75 through Dumfries then a76. Not really keen on using laybys in middle of nowhere so I was going to settle for todhills rest area as theres no cameras and carry on the next morning… any tips or areas near to supermarkets closer to ayr, or even in ayr. cheers

parked up in ayr itself the other night, on the kwik fit car park, garage next door tesco express 2 mins walk and lovely pizza and indian right next door, quiet no hassle from neighbours straight out in the morning no traffic up to dalmellington, get to the dalmellingtom roundabout head into ayr left at roundabout over the level crossing past halfors swing a left, its tight so swing and then the garage and kwik fit are on ya right

Plugster:

bodycarelad:

parked up in ayr itself the other night, on the kwik fit car park, garage next door tesco express 2 mins walk and lovely pizza and indian right next door, quiet no hassle from neighbours straight out in the morning no traffic up to dalmellington, get to the dalmellingtom roundabout head into ayr left at roundabout over the level crossing past halfors swing a left, its tight so swing and then the garage and kwik fit are on ya right

I know where you mean, so go down the side of kwik fit, and park round the back? il only need to leave at around 7.45am ish… too late maybe to not cause interference with the staff there?.. great advice, thanks.

Ka8 0je should take you to the race course car park which you can park on. Town is a mike away tesco is down the road and macdonalds.

I’m sure I parked near the sea front there years ago. Am I thinking of the wrong town?

If you don’t get up that far you can park around by B and M and Dunlem Mills just at the side of the A76 Kilmarnock.

bodycarelad:

Cant beat a bit of forward planning,things will have been changed 10millions by next week at our place :laughing:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
If you don’t get up that far you can park around by B and M and Dunlem Mills just at the side of the A76 Kilmarnock.

Do you mean Dumfries? By the side of Wickes?
There’s a big tesco round the corner.

mick.mh2racing:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

Do you mean Dumfries? By the side of Wickes?
There’s a big tesco round the corner.

No mate go past New ■■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■ and the Prison on the island if traveling up the A76 you come to the island for the A71 with the BP garage on. Take the3rd exit and all the retail park is on your left. Turn left and follow the road and you can park around the back of the B&Q or on the road it’s self. Kilmarnock town centre just up the road.

Fair enough, I thought you meant Dumfries where the A76 meets the A75, there’s a Dunelm there