Paris - Road train?

I’ve been asked to send a 16m road train into central Paris in the morning !!

Does anyone know if there are any restrictions (time & size) on units this big going into Paris :question:

All help appreciated :slight_smile:

It depends on what you mean by Central Paris, but Victor Hugo runs from the Arc de Triomphe for over 3kms and there are many places that large trucks deliver to along there. I have never come across any blanket truck ban as such, apart from the physical or by normal weight limits.

There is a Paris ban on heavies on Monday am early and Friday evening although it doesn’t seem to be enforced as there is nowhere to park you up during rush hour

I, like many other removal companies have run road trains into Paris often to residential areas, not just industrial. Its like any other city in as much as dragging a road train around it is a pain in the arse but I have never had a problem. Loaded and delivered in 7.5 ton limits without coming to grief with the authorities.

No matter how many times I go there, I still hate the place, 2nd only to Athens :open_mouth:

Used to drag an 18 metre lorry and drag into Paris quite often when doing household removals. Some of the little back streets were a pain in the backside but apart from that no real dramas.

The good thing about Paris is that you can get away with behaving and driving like a Parisian driver, block the road up, push other vehicles out of the way etc, they dont care really.

For fun take it round the Arc de Truimphe in the rush hour :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

There are certain restrictions for Paris regarding length and weight, its weight per metre of floor space or something like that, but removals are exempt from these , I regulary go into Paris with an artic and preety much drive and park where i want too, only the road size defeats me sometimes. Driving around the Arc is good fun as you have to give way to traffic coming on to the roundabout, well you are suposed too lol, drove around it three times once till my mate got a good photo for the album :smiley:

you will have no problems with a road train around Paris, apart from cars being parked in the way and nowhere to drop your drag when you need to, They do have big wide pavements that are ok when it comes to leaving your trailer, normally you will be ok, but sometimes the police get the hump and tow it away, only ever happened once in the 20 years I have been delivering to Paris though

jimti:
you will have no problems with a road train around Paris, apart from cars being parked in the way and nowhere to drop your drag when you need to, They do have big wide pavements that are ok when it comes to leaving your trailer, normally you will be ok, but sometimes the police get the hump and tow it away, only ever happened once in the 20 years I have been delivering to Paris though

After seeing the touch parking they use in Paris, I bet the Parisiens do not give you a lot of room to collect your trailer if you do find somewhere to drop it. At least with Ontime, we could normally “load through” when delivering to car dealers in the centre. :stuck_out_tongue: