Parcelnet-South Elmsall. Info plz

Hi everyone…

Looking for any and all relevant info on Parcelnet at South Elmsall,please. What’s the crack up there these days ? Are they good to work for…are they well organised…do they treat drivers fairly etc etc ■■

Also,anyone got a depot list for other depots trunked to from South Elmsall ■■

Speak too me people. :slight_smile:

We used to take shoes from Portugal to the Next warehouse that way,dunno if Next ltd are still there or not.?

Parcelnet now trades as Hermes.
Don’t work out of S.Elmsall myself but still work for the company (untill redundant tomorrow anyway).
Decent firm to work for, decent wages, tackle and conditions BUT be aware that there are many changes going on at present which may affect terms and conditions.
As far as depots are concerend
Nuneaton, weybridge, dunstable, rochester, bridgend, birmingham. bolton. airdrie. bristol. southampton. Bury st edmunds newcastle.
rotherham.bradford. I think that they trunk to all these.
Whilst Hermes is a good outfit, IMO working out of any NEXT operation is a pain in the bum !!
Hope this helps
del949

I worked out of Nuneaton for 12 months and the work was very straightforward, including for those on ‘Next’ work out of South Elmsall. Very much A-B and back and you don;t have to touch the load. I did a couple of shifts out of South Elmsall last xmas. Easy enough.

Trunking to all the depots as Del949 mentioned. There have been big changes over the summer, but how they affect the Next operation I wouldn’t know.

I wish I was still there but that’s another story. :cry:

worked for them through agency at there peterborough depot, last year, before they closed the depot. Easy work , no loading/unloading , hardest thing was changing traliers !

used to work for them when it was freemans catalouges trunking to peterborough and glasgow.decent firm to me,drivers never left on the big trucks,not sure what it was like on the puddle jumpers but even they seemed pretty contented.

Thanks for the info guys… :slight_smile:

Did my first night for them last night. Did a Rotherham and Birmingham. Everything going o.k. until I hit Birmingham…the bottom of the M6 was closed for access from the M42. Some frigging numpty had set a ‘alternative route’ that had me going around uin circles !! Grrr… In the end,I found my own ‘alternative route’ ! The depot had called back to South Elmsall who told them that I was probably taking a break…cheeky f****ers !! I phoned him up and put him straight ! lol
The jobs not bad ,but a bit of waiting around,waiting to ‘top the load off’ round at another warehouse…adds to the hours tho’…
Heard some of their own drivers talking and apparently,they are having their ‘rota’s’ changed…don’t seem too happy about that. There does seem to be a lot of changes taking place (as someone said).
I’m out for them again tommorow night…doing the ‘Scotch swap’ run.