Parcelnet @ S. Elmsall?

Anyone know were Parcelnet at South Elmsall is ? I can only find Next and Netto’s there.

I’ve got a double man job up to sweaty sockland on Sunday at £20/hr with overtime through the agency and couldn’t snap his hand off quick enough :smiley: but I don’t know where they are :confused: .

What sort of motors do they run :question:. Are they those day-cab Actros’s or am I getting confused with another parcel company :question: :confused:

Well, no idea what they run, and the area you are interested in isn’t one I know too well.
Parcelnet is the carrier for about half the home-shopping catalogues. The trailers are filled with cages full of stuff. It’s been a few years since I worked for them, but I remember the wagons looked pretty good. They did have a major “security” thing going on then, with alarms on the trucks tha were pains in the posterior to unset. The company went to a purple colour scheme during the time I was there, and dumped their old daf 45’s for Iveco tectors. Dunno if they went Iveco for the tractors tho.

Dunno where it is but £20 per hour :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: nice.

are you running to newhouse depot rob :question:

Rob,

I’ve just had a look at Parcelnet’s website, which isn’t a great deal of help, but it claims to ‘support third party clients’ - one of which is Next. So I’d assume their trucks should be based somewhere in that yard. Might be worth giving the distrubtion centre there a bell just to check.

Hope thats of help.

Paul.

i checked their site as well but as it was helpless i didn’t bother to put it up.

rob if it’s next that you are pulling 4 then they driver volvo fm’s normally post box red with no marking’s on units nor trailers.if its parcelnet,the rigids that go about up here that i see are merc’s,but ain’t seen the artics as they do the trunking at nite so not used during day .the units and trl’s that i have seen for next are tidy enough and the trl’s are boxes :wink: :wink:

Rob,

Parcelnet have a place in Rotherham and I think they run DAF’s but hey, for £20 an hour, who cares :laughing:

Jim,

Think the place up your way was called Ayrdree or something similar sounding. I’ve not pulled my map out yet to have a look-see.

I don’t understand why it’s a double-man job really as the guy said it wasn’t any further than Glasgow and you can do S. Elmsall - Glasgow and back in a 10hr drive.

It’s an urgent one-off job apparently, hence why the moola is good. It’s normally £16 for a Sunday.

Cheers.

rob,if it’s classed as airdrie,then it’s one of two places both two mins from each other.next is within the eurocentral just 1min from our depot,you’ll pass our depot to go to next’s depot.and if it’s parcelnet you’ll by-pass the eurocentral turn-off take the holytown/chapelhall turn-off which is one junction past the eurocentral,at the juction you go right,at the top of the road you turn left,down to roundabout turn right and 100meters up road you’ll see parcelnet on your right hand side.

if going to next’s yard come of A8/M8 at eurocentral right at r/about straight through next to r/about’s 3rd r/about turn left,straight through next r/about and your going up the back of dhl’s depot.at the top is another r/about your going left and next’s depot is on the right as you turn left of the roundabout.

i would hazard a guess that you’ll be going to parcelnet cause that would be closer to airdrie than next. :wink: