Paper Licence holders - get your cheque book out!

I have just finished on the phone to the DVLA bout my mate from the Rugby club yesterday - refused Driver CPC training as he does not have a photocard or valid passport.

He has to pay £20 to change his licence, even though if he changed his name or address it would be FREE ! - how unfair is this ?, and licences issued after Jan 2013 will only be valid for 5 years - anothe money making scam !

So not only has he got to spend 5 days board out of his brain, whilst paying for the privlage, he has to pay to have a photo card, and then pay for its update every 5 years !

:imp:

A change of address from paper to photocard would still cost £20 as that is the fee for adding a new/first photo

I fail to see what the big issue is because nowadays the majority of all drivers in the UK would have a photocard driving licence - yes?

ROG:
A change of address from paper to photocard would still cost £20 as that is the fee for adding a new/first photo

I fail to see what the big issue is because nowadays the majority of all drivers in the UK would have a photocard driving licence - yes?

Not necessarily my mother in law dosent have 1 & has no intention of getting 1 has no reason to same as a few other people I know

I can see why the powers that be insist on photographic identification, if they didn’t I would have just hung around outside my local dole office offering people £20 a day to go sit it for me. :wink:

animal:

ROG:

Not necessarily my mother in law dosent have 1 & has no intention of getting 1 has no reason to same as a few other people I know

Since when did your mother in law or a few people you know equate to “the majority of all drivers in the UK”?

How can it be a money making scam if the renewal is free?

ive been driving since 1987 and although i have a digicard , i still havnt got a photocard ,and i have doon some of my dcpc with no problems

ROG:

what most people don’t know is your entitlement to drive a car is till you’re 70! So why pay to get your photographic licence, then pay every ten years to renew? Rip off, BIG brother■■? :open_mouth: :unamused: this country takes the P1$s! If it’s that bothered do away with passports, have your driving licence " BIOMETRIC " then your driver card, digi and benefits all in one place where no one can fiddle! :open_mouth: :unamused: then have the police checking to see if you’re carrying ID with you at all times! Send them jail, intern them 6pm curfews, any truck driver over the age of 65 cannot leave his home after 6pm! Roll on till the last Englishman leaves this country of ours, can he turn out the lights please! :smiling_imp: :imp: :bulb: :unamused: :open_mouth: