Palm coupling converters

Does anyone know where I can buy palm coupling converters online? So you can just put them on to uk tractor unit airlines and then you can connect to euro trailers with palm couplings without changing out the whole airline.

Last set I had I made up from a palm coupling and a standard coupling.

Might find what you want on here.
http://www.hgvdirect.co.uk/catalog/air-brakes-air-couplings-c-999999_1100069_1100088.html

It would be worth a punt on two of these to see if you can connect the M22 palm coupling directly to the respective male and female M22 C couplings on the link Muckles just posted, might need to use a load of PTFE tape or ideally a liquid sealer.

ebay.co.uk/itm/New-M22-Male- … 4d01c1827e

You shouldn’t need the self-seal valves as the ones already in the existing susies should do the job, just put the palms on the trailer first then connect/disconnect the susies.

I made a set up myself got the bits from lpc

Surprised you got such useful and factual advice here as a great majority of readers/posters here wouldn’t even know what you were talking about. You were lucky the above members were looking in. A subject more suited to the international or owner drivers sub section me thinks :smiley:

go to ur locdal truck motor factoror and thay will sort u out. or taolk to one of the trailer fitters in the docks thays usualy there side line shud not cost u more than a score

Check how close coupled you are in case you need an angled set. If your too close then they can foul with wind deflector on the back sides of the cab.

Got mine from the local motor factors (hydrair).

i would sell you a pair of converters :wink:

i’ve only ever had to use them once. someone was told to drop his trailer last thing at night, an embarresed shunter driver couldn’t shift it the next day. so i sorted out these southern fairies in true northern fashion “put lorry under that andt let northern monkey sort job lad”.
and all i got was a cup of poxy [zb]ing machine made coffee. :laughing:

Thanks for the replys, amazed no one sells an assembled unit ready to go online. I’ve got a set of palm couplings spare after I bought the non self sealing ones by mistake then had to go all the way back to the shop for the self sealing ones, most spares places don’t know what your talking about so it’s guess work with differing bore sizes and such. :unamused:

I’ll try and jimmy something up from the parts catalogue. Thanks for the offer Globby but I need to learn what I need to get for future reference anyway.

They are so crap, flimsy with air ■■■■■■■ out every where on the slightest bit of movement, only used them once on a vos trailer, bloody thing!!!

They should be banned to be honnest they are the worst thing going these days they leak fall of esp from none live yellow lines,. worst invention ever thought off for couplings

Silver surf dont forget you need the air line lifters as well

When you’ve got them and come to use them, don’t forget to spit on the rubbers first or they tend to want to tear up.

There fine once you get the hang of them, but still a real pain in the ■■■■■■■ arse when leak.