Palletways Fradley

Evening all

Anyone here got any recent experience of Palletways Fradley multi-drop on Class 2.
They’re advertising locally for a half decent rate of £11.73 for 48hrs and overtime thereafter. Just curious what the rate is for overtime, transport office culture, start times and how many drops per day roughly. Job advert says trucks no older than 2 years. It looks they’ve been hammered on here looking at previous posts.

Thanks in advance people

There’s going to be loads along to slag them off shortly so I’ll get this in first…

I found them a great introduction to trucking after they gave me a chance as a new pass. Overtime is at time and a half and you will get a few hours each week as you’ll get a call at 17:00 to go to collection that they dare’nt ask their valued long-term drivers to go to. Trucks are modern, 5 years old is probably the oldest you’ll get. It’s multi drop pallet work so you’ll be sent down every back Street in Birmingham and the Black Country, you need to be able to keep a cool head! The transport office has it’s good and bad ones but they’ll all try and push that bit to much out of you. Finally the unload at the end of the day can be a massive pain in the ■■■, you’ll jump the queue but can still take 30-60mins!

If your out of work there’s no harm in jumping in for some Christmas dollar but would I go back…they’d be at the bottom of the list!

manicpb:
If your out of work there’s no harm in jumping in for some Christmas dollar but would I go back…they’d be at the bottom of the list!

Note that I didn’t say I wouldn’t go back!

One piece of advice if you do go for it is to not let them walk over you from the start. It’s hard when your new and trying to impress but if you do you’ll be the first they call for the awkward, late, generally sihtty work.

MZone:
Evening all

Anyone here got any recent experience of Palletways Fradley multi-drop on Class 2.
They’re advertising locally for a half decent rate of £11.73 for 48hrs and overtime thereafter. Just curious what the rate is for overtime, transport office culture, start times and how many drops per day roughly. Job advert says trucks no older than 2 years. It looks they’ve been hammered on here looking at previous posts.

Thanks in advance people

Half decent? That’s cracking for class 2. More than what alot of the class 1 drivers on this forum will be on, despite the lies they tell you. What have you got to lose? Work a solid week, if you hate it least youve pocketed £500 plus cash.

Thanks for the info chaps, The money is a definite carrot-dangler as well as fairly new trucks.

With Palletways Fradley being a huge operation I’ve read many of the previous posts on here (most of them relating to the queuing nightmares for the Class 1 trunkers etc.

I’m currently in work but with very limited hours and consequential basic pay so am looking for an improved financial incentive and a challenge. Looks like I may have found it if I go for this job.

It’s definitely crap as a night trunker going there to the point that it’s blacklisted by many, myself included. Daytime pallet network C&D directly for them is probably going to be a different kettle of fish entirely. If you need to get some experience in fill your boots. Use it to get what you need out of it then move on elsewhere. Alternatively you may find it suits you down to the ground, there’s a lot of drivers working for companies or doing a type of job others wouldn’t touch with a barge pole who are as happy as a pig in muck.

Thinking that a newbie might get all the difficult and awkward jobs after a week that the long-term guys will be thankful for. Does anyone know if breaks are unpaid and is it time and a half for overtime. Assuming if they take say an hour a day off you then theoretically I’ll be working 53hrs over a week before hitting overtime.

MZone:
Thinking that a newbie might get all the difficult and awkward jobs after a week that the long-term guys will be thankful for. Does anyone know if breaks are unpaid and is it time and a half for overtime. Assuming if they take say an hour a day off you then theoretically I’ll be working 53hrs over a week before hitting overtime.

One geezer has already told you it’s time and a half !!

robthedog:

MZone:

One geezer has already told you it’s time and a half !!

Cheers, my bad. I was half asleep reading the posts.

Conor:
It’s definitely crap as a night trunker going there to the point that it’s blacklisted by many, myself included. Daytime pallet network C&D directly for them is probably going to be a different kettle of fish entirely. If you need to get some experience in fill your boots. Use it to get what you need out of it then move on elsewhere. Alternatively you may find it suits you down to the ground, there’s a lot of drivers working for companies or doing a type of job others wouldn’t touch with a barge pole who are as happy as a pig in muck.

I hate collecting in the day time there

Sent from my truck

Am banned. Went out speeding to make sure i never go there.

If I remember right breaks are paid (but don’t hold me on that.

I’ll just echo once more, if your happy to grab the cash and experience go for it.

If your after a set time to finish (obviously you can never count for traffic) and stress free drops, bin the idea.

Good luck and if you go for it (and pass the weird personality test on interview) report back to us in a few months. I’d love to hear how it’s changed (or not as I expect)!

MZone:
Thanks for the info chaps, The money is a definite carrot-dangler as well as fairly new trucks.

With Palletways Fradley being a huge operation I’ve read many of the previous posts on here (most of them relating to the queuing nightmares for the Class 1 trunkers etc.

I’m currently in work but with very limited hours and consequential basic pay so am looking for an improved financial incentive and a challenge. Looks like I may have found it if I go for this job.

The money is what it is because pallet network work on the rigids tends to be a ball-ache of a job, constantly chasing your arse and fighting traffic to get your drops off and then do all your collections and get back to tip for the night trunks. On a morning if there are any delays with the night trunks then those delays get transferred down to you and your day is [zb] up before you’ve even started. Don’t be under any illusion that this is a cushy steady-away job because it isn’t. But, like many jobs of this nature, if you can get on a specific route you’ll learn all your regular places, the best time to deliver/collect, what time they go for break/lunch etc and you can alter your run around to suit so you’re not sitting about wasting precious time. It’s good valuable experience, but if you’re the sort that needs your hand holding to get you through life then it isn’t for you as you’ll get thrown in at the deep end and it’ll be up to you to quickly learn to swim or drown.

Thanks all, for informative replies. I think I will stay put for the time being.