pallets

Morning all
Been to pick a trailer up full from back to front of pallets but there is only about 2 or 3 inch gap from roof so cant strap down
there stacked neat and butted up so going nowhere but just wondered if i got stopped how I stand with Mr.Vosa
the curtains are not ripped at all but not load bearing curtains !

Technically they should be strapped but obviously you can’t so it’s your call, can you get 2 straps at the back that’ll look good if they peep inside the doors.

Funnily enough I too have a full load of blues on but alas I have load bearing curtains .

We used to get pimped out in quiet periods onto the LPR (red pallet) job which was the same really, pallets up to the roof so fairy impossible to strap except for a cross on the back and non load bearing curtains. Once the boss (O licence holder) realised the sort of potential hassles that could come our way he knocked it on the head sharpish.

To the op I’d say you could make a thousand journeys unstrapped with no problem, but it’s 1001 that bites you in the bum!nits your wallet mate, but in the current climate it’s not a chance that I’d be willing to take.

gov.uk/government/publicati … r-guidance

From my understanding of this, loads under 400kg in non load bearing curtains can be restrained using internal straps only, but only if it’s a “positive fit” (from front bulkhead to back doors). If it’s not a positive fit, the last pallets will need securing to the deck using a cross.

Interesting read there.

I’m currently sat waiting to get loaded with 495 euros. I’m on a mega and can lift the roof a foot or so. No steps available though so it’s going to be a bugger to strap these down.

I pretty much live by the advice that my grandad told me though; “curtains are only there to keep the weather out.” I often think whether I’d take the load unstrapped if it was on a flatbed.