Pallets collapsing on you :(

has this ever happened to anyone? be honest! :laughing:

It did to me last night while i was trying to manouvere a (heavily overloaded) pallet off the back of my tailift at Edinburgh Waverly station. Worst feeling ever specially with everyone watching you as if you’re some kind of incompetent fool. :imp: Orange juice all over the place and a long session of hard graft trying to rebuild the ■■■■ pallet.

happens to the best of us… or does it? just wondered…

Yup - A pallet of Ice cream making liquid… 500kg, and 100kg of that slid off the end as I stopped the pallet truck. :open_mouth:

Much to the amusement of the local Eyemouth militia :imp:

In New Covent Garden. A pallet of caps/peppers. ( Twice,with same one!! ) :laughing:

A few years ago wheeling a pallet of new potatoes in the yard at the tesco store i worked at. It started to run away, i made the mistake of pulling the drop lever to stop it, green trays and spuds all over :laughing:

Dropped a full pallet of A4 paper. Right infront of the high school in york i was delivering to at the time . oh and it was Break time too so there was loads of very funny 14 year olds knocking about :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Yes, “lost” pallets off the tail lift several times and as a result I refuse to do shop deliveries now as that’s usually where they’re going.

Rob K:
I refuse to do shop deliveries now

Here, you need to add that to your signature line :wink: :wink:

Bones:

Rob K:

Here, you need to add that to your signature line :wink: :wink:

I’m running out of space and some [zb] keeps censoring the last word too. :angry:

Boss tipped a container palleton its side full of household goods on top of another one by accident. Now here is the problem. How do you empty a pallet full of wardrobes sofas etc on its side on top of another pallet. extreamly funny at the time till i was the mug to come up with a solution. He wont touch the forklift now which has turned out for the good

On my first ever job on my own, I was delivering milk in a 26 tonner to Tesco’s around S.London.

At one store the road sloped slightly downhill, I had one full dolly on the tailift (with the boards up) and whilst getting another out, one decided to join it knocking it off the lift all over the floor.

It was on a bus route, everyone seemed to be watching me pick up broken milk cartons, there was a milk river and I felt like getting on a bus just to get out of there.

Although I was offered the work again by the agency I never took it up.

Bones:

Rob K:

It is a wonder there is any work left for you to do Rob

What with all the won`t do,cant do things you mention in sig.

Robbies Dad:

Bones:

Rob K:

It is a wonder there is any work left for you to do Rob

What with all the won`t do,cant do things you mention in sig.

:unamused: Another one that can’t tell the difference…

Now i’m still wondering what the ‘ZB’ could be?

i reckon it could be ‘Iveco’ :laughing:

Never lost a pallet off a tail lift, but lost one of the back of a tilt when trying to roll it done the back of a trailer parked on a hill. The pallet weighed a tonne and got a bit out of control went straight of the back of the truck along with the pallet truck :open_mouth: nobody hurt, but one hell of a mess all over the road. :laughing:

[ZB] could mean [ZB]
or maybe even [ZB] but I think it means [ZB]. :laughing: :laughing:

muckles:
[ZB] could mean [ZB]

Well blame your mate Busby for keeping changing my sly auto-censor dodges back to [zb]. :angry: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

muckles:
Never lost a pallet off a tail lift, but lost one of the back of a tilt when trying to roll it done the back of a trailer parked on a hill. The pallet weighed a tonne and got a bit out of control went straight of the back of the truck along with the pallet truck :open_mouth: nobody hurt, but one hell of a mess all over the road. :laughing:

I did that at a place in Elland when I was on fridges. Had 26 pallets of frozen turkey’s on, about 5ft high a-piece and got a bit of a momentum going down the trailer and couldn’t stop it :open_mouth: . Both the pallet and truck went out the back like a piano out of a top floor window :open_mouth: .

:confused:

Rob K:

muckles:
[ZB] could mean [ZB]

Well blame your mate Busby for keeping changing my sly auto-censor dodges back to [zb]. :angry: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

I didn’t realise they had put Wenault Premium in the auto censor.
:laughing:

Theres no wonder pallets collapse when they’re built like this one.

How it didn’t fall over,I’ll never know.

Our firm carry a lot of fresh salmon which is packed in ice inside polystyrene boxes.There can be anywhere between 15 and 25 kilos of fish per box. The boxes are stacked 24 to a euro-pallet,which makes them about 6ft tall.Add that weight of fish to the weight of ice,that’s a lot for the bottom boxes to support!! Quite often they partially collapse.you then move them very gingerly.If they collapse in the trailer,we have to pick them up.If they collapse after the forkie has lifted them off the floor of the trailer it’s his problem.

Another crappy idea is the half-euro pallet as used by Lidl.They seem to stack them to about 4ft high with very heavy packs such as cartons of juice or bags of flour.Not bad if you can get two on the pallet truck,but single ones are a nightmare.Especially when all the shop loading bays are like this :open_mouth:

Another crappy idea is the half-euro pallet as used by Lidl

Normally called a printers pallet.

Those trays actually stack well if the numpties bother to lock all the bars in properly.