Pallet network free food

Just came across this.

ukhaulier.co.uk/news/road-t … v-drivers/

Apparently 350 meals a night served

Anybody sampled said food?

Reviews below please

Can’t review the food but what a good idea. The fact that they help cater to backshift and nightshift drivers is also a great idea because its so much harder to get access to a decent meal when on those kind of shifts. Would be nice to see this idea take off and spread to other companies. I’ve no doubt some will still moan and complain because thats what drivers do best but I give them credit for at least trying something and for once thinking about the drivers.

Good old Eddie! :wink:

Superb, bring it on, hope others will follow suit.

Not saying its not a good idea but let’s be fair free food is going to be a tax fiddle when all said and done in business.

simcor:
Not saying its not a good idea but let’s be fair free food is going to be a tax fiddle when all said and done in business.

If it is a tax fiddle why don’t most company’s do it.

Montsoreau:

simcor:

If it is a tax fiddle why don’t most company’s do it.

If your giving something away that’s costs you as business it is usually a fiddle of sorts that was my point. Same as raffles at work.

All companies and individuals can avoid paying tax to lessen the amount owed and is legal but companies and individuals who evade tax is illegal as a deliberate act to falsify accounts resulting in prison time .

I would like to see more people like Mark Kendall in transport who recognise that drivers need to be respected and have decent facilities during working time, be nice if all the drivers could see the benefits that could come from these sort of arrangements.

As was reported on the DPD thread no stopping on route probably the same thing really, feed them at site then they haven’t got to stop
There’s always an angle you know

Very few eating places at DPD hubs and you have to pay for it.

Well that’s a step-up from “free car parking” and “free uniform” in the job advert. Things are slowly moving in the right direction.

stevegm3:
Just came across this.

ukhaulier.co.uk/news/road-t … v-drivers/

Apparently 350 meals a night served

Anybody sampled said food?

Reviews below please

At the bottom of that article is this link.

ukhaulier.co.uk/news/road-t … or-impact/

It discusses the current UK driver shortage. A few solutions are suggested at the bottom of the article on how to address the shortage.

How to increase HGV driver training capacity and throughput.
How to attract back UK HGV licence-holders who are not currently driving for a career.
The possibility of permitting EU HGV drivers to enter the UK for work.

So there we have it. The powers that be might ask Bogdan Raczynski to please come back.

SWEDISH BLUE:
Very few eating places at DPD hubs and you have to pay for it.

They certainly wouldn’t give you a drink, as you might want to stop for a pee

dave docwra:
I would like to see more people like Mark Kendall in transport who recognise that drivers need to be respected and have decent facilities during working time, be nice if all the drivers could see the benefits that could come from these sort of arrangements.

Totally agree shame some drivers are to thick to see the benefit & always look for the negative side like is a giant tax fiddle ffs :unamused:

dave docwra:

Totally agree shame some drivers are to thick to see the benefit & always look for the negative side like it’s a giant tax fiddle ffs :unamused:

Who cares if it’s a tax fiddle.or a scam. End of the day there drivers are getting something for nothing.
Plus saves drivers a few quid as there not having to buy anything to eat whilst on shift .
So all good in my book

edd1974:
Who cares if it’s a tax fiddle.or a scam. End of the day there drivers are getting something for nothing.
Plus saves drivers a few quid as there not having to buy anything to eat whilst on shift .
So all good in my book

here here with you all the way eddie

drover:

dave docwra:

Totally agree shame some drivers are to thick to see the benefit & always look for the negative side like it’s a giant tax fiddle ffs :unamused:

I was just pointing out there will be some benefit to the company. Companies rarely do anything for altruistic reasons or for the welfare of drivers. Not only that it can also be used as a PR excercise.

If it’s free then 99% of drivers will make a pig of themselves , compounded by the fact it will be your normal fast food rubbish no doubt , so as the vast majority of drivers are obese it will not be of any Benefit whatsoever .
I witnessed this first hand when stobart did free food , drivers asking for 2 big breakfasts , 4 hash browns etc etc