Paid up

So today I went down to TRUK in Bolton and the outstanding balance on my Cat C course :grimacing:

It will be 4 hours on the 26th, 27th, 28th and 2 hours on the 29th and the test right after. It’s all beggining to get a bit more real now! Can’t believe that it’s finally happening. Just hope I dont bugger it up! Got my mod 2 on Saturday too!

I’ve just completed my final part, my module 4 mate, mod 2 is easy enough just general knowledge really,same goes with the module 4 but you do have to be thorough with your safety checks and trafficking checks, a lad who done it straight after me failed it because he failed to look under the sun visors or open the back doors when asked to check for illegal immigrants or foreign objects…Duhhh! Haha

The module 4 is probably the bit I’m most nervous of, when I get nervous I tend to either mumble or mess up my words when I’m speaking lol! I’ll just have to control myself, no way around it. Congrats on passing module 4 by the way :smiley:

Mod 2 is easy. Ive just booked my HGV Cat C course but can’t do it till January. I’ve got 4 hours on the 3rd, 4th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th and test on the 11th. Can’t wait.
Good luck with yours!

I got 100% on the module 4, like I said its mostly common sense,but I’ve been shunting for 2 years so all my defect checks and stuff are second nature to me! Two questions you defiantly get are to show how you exit the vehicle on a busy main road etc and another one is show what safety checks you do before you set off, with that one your allowed a check sheet so your answers are basically there for you, you’ll be fine at it mate, I was abit nervous at first, I passed everything first time and didn’t want to ruin a good run by failing that!

show what safety checks you do before you set off,

That’s the ONLY question that comes up on every test.

Congrats on the pass. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

studying for ages for my mod 4, got the cd for it which i thought was easier than the paper work my trainer give me, so should be doing mine soon, good luck, davy

Peter Smythe:

show what safety checks you do before you set off,

That’s the ONLY question that comes up on every test.

Congrats on the pass. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry I mean the checks one comes up on every test and there’s a set of questions for the trafficking one which your guaranteed to get asked but the answer / demonstration for all 3 is different, am I right?

Sorry I mean the checks one comes up on every test and there’s a set of questions for the trafficking one which your guaranteed to get asked but the answer / demonstration for all 3 is different, am I right?

Yes, the daily checks question is at the end of every test. There’s 3 questions about illegal immigration/drug trafficking. The checks are the same for all three questions.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Only a week to go now eh Tarrman! I got my MOD 4 on weds! Really not looking forward to it!

drummerkev:
Only a week to go now eh Tarrman! I got my MOD 4 on weds! Really not looking forward to it!

Yup! A week today I start my training :confused: Can’t quite believe its happening sometimes! Starting to get a little bit nervous as its dawning on me that a lot of money is at stake but my wife has assured me not to think like that. Nice to be getting some good support from my nearest and dearest!

I just know that on my first outing I’ll be nervous as hell, overwhelmed and panicky but smiling from ear to ear lol. Just got to stay focused and follow my instructors instructions. Can’t be that hard can it?! (he says turning away thinking oh sh*tting hell lol).

Nah, all I can do is my best, keep focused and “keep calm and carry on” :sunglasses:

Good luck with the module 4 by the way, I’m sure you’ll p*ss it, just remember what you have to do and you’ll be fine :wink:

Tarrman:

drummerkev:

Yup! A week today I start my training :confused: Can’t quite believe its happening sometimes! Starting to get a little bit nervous as its dawning on me that a lot of money is at stake but my wife has assured me not to think like that. Nice to be getting some good support from my nearest and dearest!

I just know that on my first outing I’ll be nervous as hell, overwhelmed and panicky but smiling from ear to ear lol. Just got to stay focused and follow my instructors instructions. Can’t be that hard can it?! (he says turning away thinking oh sh*tting hell lol).

Nah, all I can do is my best, keep focused and “keep calm and carry on” :sunglasses:

Good luck with the module 4 by the way, I’m sure you’ll p*ss it, just remember what you have to do and you’ll be fine :wink:

Must admit i was the same! Thinking, i cant believe I have spent all my money on this! But you get in the wagon and drive off and its so much fun! im sure you will pick it up in no time at all! I cant wait to get behind the wheel again, hopefully next time they’ll be paying me!

im going to get my Mod 4 out of the way and write a diary i think!

Make sure you get a photo of you in the truck! Its standard practise! haha!

Haha I’ll at least get a pic of the truck, not sure if people want to look a my ugly mush though :grimacing:

good luck on your training tarman :grimacing: :grimacing:

Cheers :grimacing: