Paid time off for hospital/doc

Guys,
I’m due to go in for an outpatient appointment at my local hospital this month. I only need one day off.
I was about to book a days annual leave when my missus said that she thought it’s the law that the company have to give me paid time off for hospital and doctor appointments.
I don’t have my contract to hand so can’t refer to that.
Can anyone give me a full and dependable answer to this?
Thanks,
Paul

You don’t get SSP (Statutory Sick Pay) for the first 3 days, so unless you have a sick pay scheme running where you work I’m afraid it’s a no no, best check with you’re employer or union rep if you have one.

More information here

Your only hope would be that you were a ‘night worker’ under the WTR and that you were entitled to a ‘medical assessment’.

And even then, you’d be s t r e t c h i n g it.

:laughing:

Thanks guys.
Further research on the Citizens Advice Bureau has revealed that I can only get paid time off for medical stuff if I’m pregnant!

Paul

paul_eden:
Thanks guys.
Further research on the Citizens Advice Bureau has revealed that I can only get paid time off for medical stuff if I’m pregnant!

Paul

can you not tell your boss your the firat pregnant male and if he pays you for the day off you will give him a cut of the money when you go to the papers with your story! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: