paid per job

does any body get paid per job :question: ,i was talking to someone today and in the conversation he said hed had a bad day yesterday as 1 of his jobs took 5 hrs,and he only got paid £10 for it,£2 p.h.
he seemed genuine enough ,but what job could you do that you only got paid £10 for,i think he was a employed driver as he said the chap who at first was with him was his boss.
he did say as well on the whole he was up on money ,he could ;ive with £6/7 p.h but not £2 [im not suprised.
so again if your paid this way,what job could possibly be priced at £10 :question:
n.b he was on boxes,said his boss was going to ask ------------if they would give him more for job but didnt hold out a lot of hope of getting anymore ta

Needs to find another ■■■■■■■ job :smiley: Either pulling you ■■■■■■ or a complete fool :open_mouth:

there are some companies (containers) thjat pay their drivers per job, i know of one such company.

what he was probably referring to was, paid a set rate for the job, then the £10 would be for the 5 hours tipping time on top of the job rate

Ive heard that the skip lorry drivers in Belfast get paid by the job, well the 1st 2 jobs are for the company the rest for the driver thats why they drive like its the end of the world.

shuttlespanker:
there are some companies (containers) thjat pay their drivers per job, i know of one such company.

what he was probably referring to was, paid a set rate for the job, then the £10 would be for the 5 hours tipping time on top of the job rate

that may be it then s.s,i couldnt see what you could do for £10

OllieNotts:
Needs to find another [zb] job :smiley: Either pulling you ■■■■■■ or a complete fool :open_mouth:

no he seemed as genuine enough bloke to me,said normally hes up[on what i dont know],also said hes normally done by 1 p.m

This practice was once quite common in south wales and probably elsewhere , the driver would be paid by the ton, or a basic wage paid plus a percentage of the vehicle profit. The problem with this is the driver never knows the value of the load, we would get 20% of the gross load value but you never really knew if you were being fairly paid or not. Technically this method of payment is illegal as it encourages the driver to speed and cut corners. My last stint on this work was during 2009 hauling scrap from Newport to Port Talbot mostly, and a backload of granulated slag the money you could earn was quite good, but you end up driving like a fool everywhere and the work was filthy. I’m trollying now and it’s like a holiday camp in comparison. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Good old trip money. Turns honest men into raving loonies & prolific petty crooks armed with marine pump fuel cards. Wonderful idea. :laughing:

ady1:
n.b he was on boxes,said his boss was going to ask ------------if they would give him more for job but didnt hold out a lot of hope of getting anymore ta

Now why doesn’t that surprise me

Was on “job rate” till very recently. Good wedge if the work is there, but if not…

Our minimum rate was £90 for a local, I was on 25% (before the hit 30%) so one job was not a lot.

Would refuse to go in unless guaranteed two jobs, so in the death on a 3 or 4 day week.

Now back on the road for slave wages, but happy