Paid Holiday

can anyone answer me if you take a paid holiday during the week ie normal working day does this count towards your actual working time we are having a bit debate over it at my place. As we have lads who are falling fowl of working time ie putting 5 days in plus a paid vacation then doing six days the week after it doesnt sound right to me but it would be great if anyone could tell me wether they are right are wrong thanks

1 to 4 consecutive days holiday in the same working week = 8 hours other work per day for the WTD.
5 consecutive days in the same working week = 48 hours other work for the WTD.

Geordieboy64:
can anyone answer me if you take a paid holiday during the week ie normal working day does this count towards your actual working time we are having a bit debate over it at my place. As we have lads who are falling fowl of working time ie putting 5 days in plus a paid vacation then doing six days the week after it doesnt sound right to me but it would be great if anyone could tell me wether they are right are wrong thanks

Not sure from your question if you are concerned about the WTD regulations or the tacho rules. Either way there is nothing actually wrong in what they are doing for either set of regulations, provided they remain at or below the 48 hour average for the WTD and they are taking the correct weekly rest periods for the tacho rules.

Does the day holiday count as rest for the tacho regs :question:

Geordieboy64:

If you mean the tachograph rules then the holiday doesn’t count as work regardless of being paid.

If you mean the WTD then as MADBAZ said you should book 8 hours for individual days or 48 hours for a full weeks holiday (5 days if that’s your usual working week) that falls between 00:00 Monday to 24:00 Sunday.

Only statutory holiday needs to be booked for the WTD, none statutory holiday can be used to reduce the weekly working time average.

ROG:

Yes.

ROG:

tachograph:
Yes.

Thank you :smiley: