Paid breaks whilst waiting, tipping

Do you get breaks deducted, for waiting time, or tipping on a bay obviously legally.
Or do you have to use POA to ensure you get paid for waiting or tipping times?
And if your salaried please say so.

Hi Veeto
lol, I’ve just asked the same question in my “Fridge work” thread a minute ago before noticing your thread
Would be very interesting to learn what those that wait a lot to be tipped, loaded, have to say

Some of our agency customers pay you right through, some don’t, so can’t really answer the question truthfully, but in the main most of our customers will deduct 1x45, even if you need 2 breaks on a spread over, no matter what your doing.

If I’m on a bay, and providing I don’t need a break, then poa it is, because it would be sods law that you stick it on a break with the intention of having a full one, and you would be tipped in no time, and your paperwork done. I like to have a break when it is required, and not have to worry about moving.

Ken.

If we start at say 04.00 and then work till 16.45 then we book 12 hours and this is irrespective of how many breaks / POA are taken.

We get paid from the minute we start to the minute we finish each day regardless of breaks / POA , although we do seem to be in the minority nowadays

I’m paid from the minute I start to the minute that I leave less 45 mins.

i’m not saying it doesn’t happen but, just that i have never experienced, personally heard or read on here, of anyone getting all recorded break time deducted

Lusk:
If we start at say 04.00 and then work till 16.45 then we book 12 hours and this is irrespective of how many breaks / POA are taken.

That’s how we do it too, POA etc is just there to keep everything in order for VOSA.

I’ve seen me do 2 hours driving in a 12+ hour shift lol if we didn’t get paid when not moving the local traveller camp would have a lot of nice cheap renaults.