Page Transport of Sussex

Sad day, Was told at luch time that as of today the company has folded. No notice what so ever.
So back to the yard and clear the unit.
Not paying last week either, so lots of form filling.
So anyone needing a keen driver in West Sussex—Please :cry:

i would have taken the truck till he paid me what he owed me.you cant feel sorry for these people when you yourself have bills to pay he must have known for a while he was in debt. :imp: :imp: :imp:

real shame , i used to work for them long time ago . :frowning:

had the same thing happen just before xmas its not nice.
as neil said he knew he was in the ■■■■,long before you had any warning ,so he should have given you some notice and still paid you for the last week.

when mine went we got the last week plus holiday owed,he was advised that he shouldnt have done that.,but he had respect for us drivers and paid us up.

best of luck with the job hunting.

Crikey!

That’s a bit of a surprise! I always see their stuff about, always clean and nicely presented. I’m very surprised!

Well it seems there is actually quite a bit of work about at the moment in Sussex so at least you shouldn’t be out of work for too long.

Manhattan in Lancing (the ones with the TukTuk cafe) are after drivers however not sure if any of it is Class 1.
Tomsett’s in Newhaven have had adverts in the FridayAd since Christmas, pay seems to be ok down there too.
Someone also mentioned United Petroleum might be looking.
Hailsham Roadways have some Class1 stuff going I think

also some other stuff I’ve heard over the past few weeks but can’t recall…
otherwise give Driver Hire in Brighton a call, I dont know anyone with DH who isn’t getting full weeks at the moment.

If you fancy tipping then Dudman seem busy, but Penfold Verrall are very very busy if you don’t mind doing 2 runs a day between Newhaven and Portsmouth!

You’ll be fine mate but its a big shame about Page!

Alex

Shame to hear that.had’nt seen their motors about for a long while though apart from a couple subbing for Pentalvers in Southampton.
And to be honest if your subbing for a Container company they must have been desperate.
I never applied to them,cause they always paid crap money,as they used to deliver steel to us on site a few years back.The drivers always said the money was awful.
I applied to Sandy Bruce on Rudford industrial estate also,a couple of years back and was offered a job,I turned it down but they went bust 3 months later so im glad I did’nt.They were always much better than Page and they paid reasonable money.
So the lack of Transport companies in Sussex grows by the year.Thats why I have to go to Southampton to work. :wink: Unless I want to go work for that Cowboy Paul Mathew.

Bad luck john-sussex. Hope you sort yourself out quickly.

I know of Page. Red FHs with the ‘born-again Christian’ fishes on them. Often wondered what that’s all about.

In fact I’m sure I’ve delivered to them, now I think about it…

Does this include the depot in Haverhill too??
i have a friends that work there

bit of a shock that one. i know they have been around for a long time.
what will littlehampton carnival & bonfire parades do for transport now?

Thanks for the words. Yes pay was never great, and yes I understand Haverhill has gone too, pity as they were doing well.
I have found something to go to and start next week though it’s really not what i want but least it takes some of the pressure off.
I think that there will be a lot of very suprised firms around.
Still not sure really what happened, things were getting better, Though it might have been the bank or upper management who did not sem to listen or want advise.
As far as i know the warehouse side will keep going for now, just Transport and also Palletforce has gone.
I think gerneral transport these days is difficult not just because of the fuel costs but all these over seas coming here, maybe i’m alittle bitter.
Still one good to come out of it is that i will be on less money for now but the familiy get to see me every day.
going to check out Dudmans on Monday.

powder tankers ? Go for it John mate , you’ll love it :sunglasses:

Maybe not to start. it’s one area i’ve not done, but hope to get on to them. :laughing:

Sorry to Draaaag this back up again,but im a bit confused.

For years now I have often wondered why Page Group had NO website.in fact if you typed in Page Transport of Sussex or Page Group on Google it came up with virtually nothing.
Now that the company has apparently gone bust,up comes a brand spanking 2008 registered website.
Surely the cost of this did’nt tip the company over the edge,or did it. :confused:

I happened to come across it after looking into any reports into why it went bust,but alas nothing…
oh… apart from the website. :unamused: :open_mouth: :laughing:

The Volvos at Haverhill where seen sitting a Duffields at Chedburgh i guess they where snatched back , the haverhill depot did not fold and they are using another local companys units to do the pallet trunk .

The Haverhill depot was given Two weeks to find a new buyer. As for the web site i have no idea,

john-sussex:
The Haverhill depot was given Two weeks to find a new buyer. As for the web site i have no idea,

There are still some units and trailers at the Ford yard, infact seen some on the roads in last couple of weeks (or maybe same one?? actros) also saw it in shell garage littlehampton this afternoon. i have heard that R.T Page & Sons are still going running the warehouses at Ford but the rest of the group closed down??

i read in the local rag today that they’re auctioning all of the trucks and some other stuff in the next couple of weeks.its sad as i did my c+e there,nice bunch of guys.

jool:
i read in the local rag today that they’re auctioning all of the trucks and some other stuff in the next couple of weeks.its sad as i did my c+e there,nice bunch of guys.

Thats true, we are parked in page’s yard now and everything is up for auction, from the two wrecked rigids (FL Volvo and iveco) to electric pallet trucks.

From what i have been told the parking spaces are being rented out once whats left of the trucks and trailers has been auctioned off.