Paddock wood fire

There is a fire at 3663 ,an oil tank has gone Bang bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-46411684

Ironic that building was built on the site of the old Whirlpool site that went up in smoke 12 years ago

Todays one

That must’ve been one hell of an explosion !! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

TunWellsFCSupporters added: “It literally knocked me to the floor. Was a huge bang.”

Especially if they were playing at home!

There will be a lot of fridge drivers, who will be cheering, that they don’t have to go there for a long time … No more 2-3hour waits to tip 4 plts… We stopped going there 18months ago, so I didn’t start it, was fine when I drove past on Thursday about 11.00hr

That’s the diesel gone then!!

Actrosman:

And no fairys to blame for the loss.

I remember a meat factory burning down in Wales years ago. Normally, I’d be sorry for the employees. Not this place, they were some of the most horrible, ignorant vaginas I’ve ever met. I was delighted :laughing:

biggriffin:

Actrosman:

And no fairys to blame for the loss.

We send one down every night and 3 or 4 through the week! Poor research by ‘the reporter’ though…we haven’t been 3663 for years!

Drempels hope it was Halal meat packers !!!

JIMBO47:

Oi, I’m not that old! :laughing:

Drempels:

JIMBO47:

Oi, I’m not that old! :laughing:

if there is a hell I hope sher raquesh (spelling) and the rest o the Halal Meat packers management are there!! money grabbing asset stripping ■■■■■ ********. :unamused:

Drempels:
I remember a meat factory burning down in Wales years ago. Normally, I’d be sorry for the employees. Not this place, they were some of the most horrible, ignorant vaginas I’ve ever met. I was delighted :laughing:

Was like that myself when Matthew Clark was close to going out of business. Not an ounce of sympathy for them.

Unfortunately they’ve been rescued and continue to cause misery to drivers daily

Only one by that name I ever loaded out of was Ballyhaunis, they were alright in there.

aye drempels that was them ,they bought out the local abbotoir at Lockerbie (the old A Smith and sons one) and ran it intae the ground then shut it xmas one yr and claimed they had no money tae pay owed wages ,haulage etc…the most arrogant bunch I knew !!! my mate RIP had one them by the throat hanging over the 1st floor fire escape, (talked to him like a piece o 8888) not a good idea.

All the electrics for the whole yard (not building ) was placed in the fuel cabinet of that tank

Surprised there weren’t any injuries. Presumably the pumps aren’t next to the tank or that could have been extremely bad for anyone filling up.

As for putting the electrics next to it, is that legal? Unless you can do that because its diesel. Although didnt know diesel exploded like that.

Should be a bit of chaos for bidfood just before christmas. Is this a yard they share with lots of others?

Seems to be in the Bidvest/3663 yard, where the derv Island has blown up…

Footage in article…

Bidvest Paddock Wood from above fire site.jpg

Can’t give you the usual google earth “roadside shot” - as according to that - the place hasn’t been built yet!

trevHCS:
Surprised there weren’t any injuries. Presumably the pumps aren’t next to the tank or that could have been extremely bad for anyone filling up.

As for putting the electrics next to it, is that legal? Unless you can do that because its diesel. Although didnt know diesel exploded like that.

Should be a bit of chaos for bidfood just before christmas. Is this a yard they share with lots of others?

It’s ok to put the electrics in the fuel cabinet if what it is running is stable and it’s shielded from weather or spillage. Diesel will go bang eventually but will need a lot of heat for it to do so probably one of the trucks parked around went up heating the tank

Winseer:
Can’t give you the usual google earth “roadside shot” - as according to that - the place hasn’t been built yet

Nah, thats just a pic of what the placement looks like now. :wink:

Bet all the food tastes of diesel now (assuming they had backup power for fridges) so watch out for food packaging that appears to have been washed being sold in certain corner shops round there.

Cant be worse than some BBQs though.