Pacific Trucks

Anyone know what happened to them ? youtube.com/watch?v=O0xu6i2owRU
Nice one at 5:36 :smiley:

youtube.com/watch?v=4sV1HOs8GcU&t=312s
Great one at 9:51 I’d love a drive in that or even to buy one .

It’s all here very interesting but as usual unhappy ending for so much of western industry.
Also learn’t something that the Pacific tank transporters weren’t made by ‘Pacific’ Trucks.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Trucks

Also NZ again showing what could/should have been here given a sane government.

It had this on Wiki; In 1981, International Harvester sold Pacific Truck and Trailer to Inchcape Berhad (Singapore). In October 1991, the last Pacific truck was built and the manufacturing plant was closed and torn down, with only the parts department left in operation in Vancouver. In 1994, the remnants of the company was sold to Crane Carrier of Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA. Crane continued until 2002, selling the Pacific name, intellectual property, and rights to Coast Powertrain of New Westminster, B.C., Canada.

coastpowertrain.com/pacific … istory.htm

Never realised it was created by men that used to work for Hayes… does explain the longevity of the wagons though :wink:

Nice clips indeed, although those ERFs and Fodens sound good too!

Thank you Frankydobo,yes those E14 405 sound brilliant they were export models I’ve got a photo of some at a U.K. show somewhere.
There is a video of a International T line restored in NZ too it’s a 350 ■■■■■■■ big cam .

Hayes and Pacifics were built that well that they put themselve’s out of business as companies realised that a engine rebuild and general refurb after
working them hard was a dam sight cheaper than replacing the truck with a new one. They just could not sell enough new ones because of how well
they lasted even though they were pulling huge timber loads mainly,they hardly ever broke.

Will pop some stuff on later or tomorrow.

Article about Pacific’s.

Click on pages twice to read.

Thanks Dean ,I seem to remember a magazine super Trucks may be featured a Pacific on the front cover pulling some hopper bottom salt trailers back in the 90s ?

Here is a link to the Pacific Truck Club. The guy also runs the Hayes Truck Club.http://www.pacifictruckclub.org/

Punchy Dan:
Thanks Dean ,I seem to remember a magazine super Trucks may be featured a Pacific on the front cover pulling some hopper bottom salt trailers back in the 90s ?

I think you may be thinking of this one Dan which was a Dart. :unamused: :laughing: :wink:

New Zealand courtesy of Rod Simmonds.
Oily

That’s the one Dean thank you .

pac1.JPG