P45 from agency?

I’ve been registered with them since September. In January /Feb they got me on a more permanent ‘assignment’.

Anyway at the end of march something better came up with a company I worked for last year, only temp for 8 weeks but class 2, better money and hours. Told the agency this, they said ok and I offered too still do the occasional Saturday for them - which I have done, and been on standby for a couple too.

This morning I got my p45 from them in the post without any explanation at all.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Are you sure it’s a P45 and not your end of year P60? I have had a P45 from an agency before now, usually if I haven’t used them for a certain amount of time - just keeps their books clear I guess.

Could also be a very un-subtle hint as well of course :imp:

Yes definitely p45.

not too bothered at the moment but I’ll be ■■■■■■ off if they don’t take me back on after this job finishes in couple of weeks

Presumably you have been registered for PAYE with the people you are working for now and the Inland Revenue have advised the agency of this so they have sent you a P45 as you are no longer their tax liability.

Harry Monk:
Presumably you have been registered for PAYE with the people you are working for now and the Inland Revenue have advised the agency of this so they have sent you a P45 as you are no longer their tax liability.

Ah that does make some sense, nice of the agency to explain this to me tho lol

matt3903:
Yes definitely p45.

not too bothered at the moment but I’ll be ■■■■■■ off if they don’t take me back on after this job finishes in couple of weeks

why would they want you back after being dumped by you :question:

green456:

Because that’s what agencies do. They don’t take it personally. If they have work available and a driver to do it, then they will match them.

Harry Monk:

green456:

Because that’s what agencies do. They don’t take it personally. If they have work available and a driver to do it, then they will match them.

Agreed if they have work available but we all know agencies recruit more names than work availability, he is now going from a regular placement to bottom of the pecking order

Gotta start somewhere when this job finishes, and what better place than an agency that already know me?

Don’t mind being given crappy shifts for a while, but wasn’t too bad there before, only a couple of places I didn’t like going to but just got on with it in the hope something better would come up