P&O dover calais

im aimming for the 10.15 monday morning, im wondering if its worth hanging on for something to eat on the boat or have something before.

the dover crossing ive used before the dfds dover dunkirk is blinding but the dover calais dfds was total crap.

any ideas or experiance to offer.

9:25 Spirit of Britain
10:15 Pride of Burgundy
11:10Pride of Kent

Best of the boats is the Spirit Of Britain

Breakfast will be dished up from buffet for you.
You do not get to heap up plate of your favourite items.
Toast Butter & Jam included .
Unlimited Tea/Coffee or soft drinks all for £3.99

ossie:
9:25 Spirit of Britain
10:15 Pride of Burgundy
11:10Pride of Kent

Best of the boats is the Spirit Of Britain

Breakfast will be dished up from buffet for you.
You do not get to heap up plate of your favourite items.
Toast Butter & Jam included .
Unlimited Tea/Coffee or soft drinks all for £3.99

Cheers ossie, catching 9.15 will mean leaving Leeds at 2.30, I think il go for that.

Monday morning at that time usually quiet too so you shouldn’t have to queue to book in at P&O.

Hope things have settled down by then for you.

2 of our motors suffered 5 hr delays yesterday coming back, and the 1 going out today has had a 3 hr delay which means he is going to bust his 15 before getting to the handover point.
The 2 that came back on the train yesterday didn’t have any delay! If only every customer would pay for the train.

Breakfast finishes at 11am, so there is always plenty. I like P&O Breakfasts, but nothing else.

Il hang on for brekkie then, Leeds to Dover is 6 hrs inc break so as I said 2.30 start.

I used to avoid their breakfasts like the plague, the bacon (smoked) is full of salt, the fried eggs are uncooked (as are their poached eggs) and it would usually be luke warm or cold , things may of improved but i would doubt it ,
Is that freak, trans gender /■■■■■■ julien or julie still working serving the food in the drivers lounge, he looked like Alec Gilroy in drag ,lol

Tommy I will let you know next week. :wink:

jessicas dad:
Il hang on for brekkie then, Leeds to Dover is 6 hrs inc break so as I said 2.30 start.

I’ve never minded early starts but always hated parking up in the middle of the afternoon ‘out of driving time’!! (which is why I usually didn’t :smiling_imp: )

Ross.

i think all the food on P&O is good. never had a problem with it.
in fact i look forward to it.
it beets that french crap any day. i’m glad sea france has gone.

bigr250:

jessicas dad:

I’ve never minded early starts but always hated parking up in the middle of the afternoon ‘out of driving time’!! (which is why I usually didn’t :smiling_imp: )

Ross.

i always seemed to be parked up by 1700-1800 anyway unless im heading to a port, i usually keep tipping and heading to customers till i find one shut then find somewhere to park.

also i always work on english time so with france being an hour in front by 1700 english time its 1800 french and they are normally shut.

jessicas dad:
i always seemed to be parked up by 1700-1800 anyway unless im heading to a port, i usually keep tipping and heading to customers till i find one shut then find somewhere to park.

also i always work on english time so with france being an hour in front by 1700 english time its 1800 french and they are normally shut.

That’s where Spain can wreck your brain, in summertime many firms have a ‘siesta’ but the ones that really do your head in are the few that just ‘shut up shop’ at 2pm!!!

Ross.

never had a problem with the food on P&O the steak can be bit and miss mind

tommy t:
I used to avoid their breakfasts like the plague, the bacon (smoked) is full of salt, the fried eggs are uncooked (as are their poached eggs) and it would usually be luke warm or cold , things may of improved but i would doubt it ,
Is that freak, trans gender /■■■■■■ julien or julie still working serving the food in the drivers lounge, he looked like Alec Gilroy in drag ,lol

He does still work there with his favourite saying " what you having MY MAN !"
When I see him I like pointing and shout " FIISSHH" at him without a please thank you or kiss my arse !.. That normally boils him up !!

jimboy124:

tommy t:

He does still work there with his favourite saying " what you having MY MAN !"
When I see him I like pointing and shout " FIISSHH" at him without a please thank you or kiss my arse !.. That normally boils him up !!

LOL He used to say very quickly in a gruff voice "What do ya want " And walk around like an orangutan , I remember a very entertaining crossing, on the old boat Aquataine iirc it was a few years ago, He/She (IT) was serving food , i got the what do ya want, then i noticed it’s dirty looking fingernails and finders on the plate it was holding, i said “nothing from you”,
It then went on the offensive, saying to the chef “there’s some strange people around isnt there” Well that was it , it got both barrels, I can recall saying/shouting strange,?strange?, you call me strange,lol when you are the one who’s wearing womens clothes, That was it,the whole drivers lounge erupted with laughter, the chef didn’t know where to put his face,he was dying to laugh too, he served me instead ,lol and that is all true no bs

No benders served me, just a normal regular fella I’m afraid to say.

Here is a picture of breakfast…

Nice enough for £3.99

Well they still haven’t learned to give the egg yolks a splash with the hot oil, by the looks of it, and the beanz are looking as if they have done a few crossings ,But at least you didn’t get IT serving you,lol

My evening meal was fine - £4.99 and i heaped the chips on lol - very fine crossing - free soft drinks and tea/coffee
pleasant check in and boarding - recommended
in Barcelona for 2 weeks
regards
Steve

tommy t:
LOL He used to say very quickly in a gruff voice "What do ya want " And walk around like an orangutan , I remember a very entertaining crossing, on the old boat Aquataine iirc it was a few years ago, He/She (IT) was serving food , i got the what do ya want, then i noticed it’s dirty looking fingernails and finders on the plate it was holding, i said “nothing from you”,
It then went on the offensive, saying to the chef “there’s some strange people around isnt there” Well that was it , it got both barrels, I can recall saying/shouting strange,?strange?, you call me strange,lol when you are the one who’s wearing womens clothes, That was it,the whole drivers lounge erupted with laughter, the chef didn’t know where to put his face,he was dying to laugh too, he served me instead ,lol and that is all true no bs

Did the chef serve you on the same plate IT had been holding ?