P J's Truckstop

Has anyone been in there today?

PJ.JPG

Saw that this morning, what a bleedin mess. Perhaps now though they will finally lift the canopy to a height where trucks can actually get to the hgv pump.

dowahdiddyman:
Saw that this morning, what a bleedin mess. Perhaps now though they will finally lift the canopy to a height where trucks can actually get to the hgv pump.

According to a friend on facebook, the culprit didn’t stop!

Wheel Nut:

dowahdiddyman:

According to a friend on facebook, the culprit didn’t stop!

It would appear that way :unamused:

The canopy is clearly marked 4m high! :open_mouth:

dessy:

whats that in Feet and inches? :unamused: :unamused:

Reaper KH:

dessy:

13" 3’ roughly.

My company is currently in dispute with the Bagshot service station on A322. Said I clipped their canopy marked 5m high. My lorry is 4m high. Nothing like the damage posted above, but surely if it’s marked as 5m then a 4m lorry should be able to get through. Certainly didn’t feel any sort of collision and I can feel a bump if I hit a rabbit. I don’t stop there any more.

Reaper KH:

dessy:

I’m certain 4m is 13ft 1in!

dessy:

Reaper KH:

dessy:

4 metres = 13.1233596 feet (13 feet 131⁄64 inch) if you want to be exact for those really strict canopies. :grimacing: :neutral_face: geek

Wheel Nut:
Has anyone been in there today?

The signwriters are returning with more letters to complete the job.
The finished wording will read :-

" TOTALLY WRECKED " !!!

Cheers , cattle wagon man.

Squiddy:

dessy:

Reaper KH:

dessy:

4 metres = 13.1233596 feet (13 feet 131⁄64 inch) if you want to be exact for those really strict canopies. :grimacing: :neutral_face: geek

not geeky enough
4m is 157.48 inches which is thirteen feet one and a half inches to the nearest 100th of an inch
131/64 inch is actually just over 2 inches
decimals don’t really convert to inches very well 0.0833 is an inch (100/12) .1233 is an inch and a half

Foxstein:

Squiddy:

dessy:

Reaper KH:

dessy:

not geeky enough
4m is 157.48 inches which is fourteen feet one and a half inches to the nearest 100th of an inch
131/64 inch is actually just over 2 inches
decimals don’t really convert to inches very well 0.0833 is an inch (100/12) .1233 is an inch and a half

You need some new batteries in your calculator pal, you are at least a foot out with your calculations.

Where were you yesterday at 11.40?

Totalled ! :laughing:

■■■■!!! missed that blaring error in my calcs 13 not 14 ■■■■ ■■■■ :unamused: :unamused:

will now edit it so I dont look silly

That’ll be 13’2" then! :laughing:

Foxstein:
■■■■!!! missed that blaring error in my calcs 13 not 14 ■■■■ ■■■■ :unamused: :unamused:

We have kept your original message for posterity in my quote, you need to have your wits about you on this forum :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:

Foxstein:

We have kept your original message for posterity in my quote, you need to have your wits about you on this forum :stuck_out_tongue:

glad you did else the latter posts would have made no sense at all :smiley: :smiley:
but still think the best way of coverting metres to imperial is to use a tape measure, because using the converter on your phone etc. makes the calculation just as confusing .

well spotted all the same Wheelnut

dessy:

13’2" is what my chart says! Lol

Longman5978:

dessy:

13’2" is what my chart says! Lol

I use basic schoolboy maths

a Metre is 39 inches. Add another 3 of those and add a couple of inches for luck :stuck_out_tongue:

Comes to 13’ 2’’ giving me half an inch spare