P @ H What are thay like to work for?

Hay all, am hoping for some feed back on P @ H and what there like to work for ? Pay, conditions, hours, where are there depos ? Any help would be good, thanks

Same as most places. The rigid work is multi-drop to corner shops and the like.
Artic work is depot-depot trunking.

I know which one id rather do!!

Oh on a side note, a relative of mine works at the Coventry depot on rigids. Was recently ill with palsy, couldnt even move his left arm, and their attitude to his illness and time off was not good.

Swordsy:
Same as most places. The rigid work is multi-drop to corner shops and the like.
Artic work is depot-depot trunking.

I know which one id rather do!!

Oh on a side note, a relative of mine works at the Coventry depot on rigids. Was recently ill with palsy, couldnt even move his left arm, and their attitude to his illness and time off was not good.

Which P+H are we talking about ?

Polska + Harvey or P+H @ Heywood ?

Worked for them through Agency at their Swansea Depot. Driving 7.5t selling to small stores/pubs
I wouldn’t like to go there full time. Constantly pushing sales targets at you
All the lads that work there are stressed to the max

dont you get turned over every other week by balacalava wearing robbers who have been following you for days

Ok if you dont mind hard work, pushing/pulling cages of pop , alcohol, chilled/frozen etc… up and over kerbs

Taken and unloaded into shops, hospitals, universities etc, piled into stacks of 5 and counted. all timed deliveries.
Some of the times are a joke!
The rule is one cage on the tailgate at a time, off the tailgate, back door locked and tailgate raised… you could have 4/5 cages for one drop, so you can imagine the time it takes, although some get 3 cages off at a time… but you can only handle one at a time … so if anything happens to the ones left on the tailgate … you will be history.

Pay was around £9.00 hr (Birtley Branch)… you work all bank holidays and saturdays on a rota basis

There were a few there with bad backs/shoulders… but the management dont care, all they want is the delivery done… if anything happens on your route and you phone in with an
“injury”… the 1st thing they will say is “have you done the drop”…

I worked at P&H Haydock for 12 months. Decant goods out of cages and stack in 5’s ready for shop staff to count. As said earlier, fair chance you could be robbed for the tobacco, and pushing heavy roll cages filled with alcohol and pop over gravel is dangerous.

Shell petrol stations, Costcutter’s, Hospitals, Martins newsagents, Mace shops etc… staff at most of these places treat you like some kind of slave.

Enjoy. £9 per hour ish.

jrt:
Hay all, am hoping for some feed back on P @ H and what there like to work for ? Pay, conditions, hours, where are there depos ? Any help would be good, thanks

I’m hoping you’re on about heywood? Stay well clear of Palmer and Harvey :grimacing: if it’s heywood, Jd sports you want night trunks :sunglasses: can’t help with Ts & Cs but they’re happy :smiley:

I used to be a manager at Martins Newsagents with P&H supplying the goods, not one driver had a good thing to say about the company (the English ones that is).

I work with a few who’ve been there on multidrop (Coventry depot), no one has a good word to say about them. None would go back. Apart from scallies trying to nick stuff it seems the corner shop customers are quite willing to join in, given a chance, and the company acuses it’s drivers of being on the rob when it’s warehouse staff balls up on tobacco orders.

koikeeper:
Ok if you dont mind hard work, pushing/pulling cages of pop , alcohol, chilled/frozen etc… up and over kerbs

Taken and unloaded into shops, hospitals, universities etc, piled into stacks of 5 and counted. all timed deliveries.
Some of the times are a joke!
The rule is one cage on the tailgate at a time, off the tailgate, back door locked and tailgate raised… you could have 4/5 cages for one drop, so you can imagine the time it takes, although some get 3 cages off at a time… but you can only handle one at a time … so if anything happens to the ones left on the tailgate … you will be history.

Pay was around £9.00 hr (Birtley Branch)… you work all bank holidays and saturdays on a rota basis

There were a few there with bad backs/shoulders… but the management dont care, all they want is the delivery done… if anything happens on your route and you phone in with an
“injury”… the 1st thing they will say is “have you done the drop”…

Sounds erm…great, where do I sign!!! :laughing: :laughing: