P&H DRIVER?

Hi All,

================== MOD Note ===============
Every one of your posts has been an advert for a particular parcel company.

Now you want to take advantage of the demise of P&H :unamused:

I’m sure anyone looking for a driving job will know that most parcel couriers always need drivers at this time of the year without you spamming the forums.

Good idea. If any p&h lads are in Yorkshire, the agencies are crying out for people to do the RM Christmas class one deckers. Rates are great £16 - £25ph. It’s on until jan16th. AS&T in Barnsley are one of their main agencies, I believe.
Don’t turn up to the assessment with a load of live transgressions on your digi, like I did though, or you won’t even be getting in the unit!

Comes across as a thinly veiled recruitment advert during a time where people will be desperate to find a job.

Written like a true advert and breaks the forum rules no doubt about advertising. But I’ll let the administrator team decide on that.

Sad that companies come up with this kind of thing during a time of despair for people who have been left in the lurch by a company folding.

Call me cynical but I say it as I see it.

I would feel differently if it was posters who frequent here and post a fair amount saying xyz is taking on drivers but to even have a image of P&H and Yodel together and some of the clichés in the post really??

simcor:
Comes across as a thinly veiled recruitment advert during a time where people will be desperate to find a job.

Written like a true advert and breaks the forum rules no doubt about advertising. But I’ll let the administrator team decide on that.

Sad that companies come up with this kind of thing during a time of despair for people who have been left in the lurch by a company folding.

I would feel differently if it was posters who frequent here and post a fair amount saying xyz is taking on drivers but to even have a image of P&H and Yodel together and some of the clichés in the post really??

And I thought I was cynical. … :grimacing:

the nodding donkey:

simcor:

Life’s taught me to be cynical especially where companies are concerned. There is a lot to be said for working for small family owned business rather than big corporate faceless entities. Especially when they try to make out they are concerned for people in desperate need.

Shandy123:
Good idea. If any p&h lads are in Yorkshire, the agencies are crying out for people to do the RM Christmas class one deckers. Rates are great £16 - £25ph. It’s on until jan16th. AS&T in Barnsley are one of their main agencies, I believe.
Don’t turn up to the assessment with a load of live transgressions on your digi, like I did though, or you won’t even be getting in the unit!

You won’t get through their background checks in time.

I’ts an ill wind… although I’m sure some of those who have just had the bad news will be happy to take up this offer at this time of year from the vultures circling the still warm corpse…

the nodding donkey:

simcor:

Just wait until you read the rest of the posts from kwk_TS. :open_mouth:

But it might give somebody a quick way into getting a wage, until they can find something else or even find they enjoy the job.

TiredAndEmotional:
I’ts an ill wind… although I’m sure some of those who have just had the bad news will be happy to take up this offer at this time of year from the vultures circling the still warm corpse…

I don’t doubt you are right some will probably take the offer up gladly especially at this time of year. But I couldn’t have put it more simply and succinct as you did.

It’s just one of those things that rattles my cage so to speak no pun intended.

Not to mention I imagine that majority of the P&H fleet are rigids anyway apart from the trunking side to depots.

muckles:

the nodding donkey:

simcor:

Just wait until you read the rest of the posts from kwk_TS. :open_mouth:

But it might give somebody a quick way into getting a wage, until they can find something else or even find they enjoy the job.

If makes me laugh that people try so hard to make it look like they are not advertising and get it so wrong lol just had a look through the whole other 8 posts.

Isn’t p&h mostly class 2 work so how useful will class 1 with yodel be to many former p&h drivers?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

IronEddie:
Isn’t p&h mostly class 2 work so how useful will class 1 with yodel be to many former p&h drivers?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

As I said further up mostly class 2 I imagine apart from the trunking side depot to depot. Can’t say I see a lot of P&H artics about but they will have some and I guess some people who do class 2 work will have class 1 licences as well, not always but some do yet prefer class 2 type work.

Many slimey agencies are using this same tactic on Facebook.Just remember that ph pay way more than£9 ph…

TiredAndEmotional:

Only took me a week from filling in the form to assessment?

Shandy123:

TiredAndEmotional:

Only took me a week from filling in the form to assessment?

It’s usually a 4-6 week affair. Mebbe things have changed?

Where are these offers in all areas where drivers are being laid off by P&H then?

You’d think that P&H’s demise on this side of Christmas would give the shivers to firms like 3663 and Bidvest. Can’t say I’ve seen many of the former about of late though? Have they merged and morphed into a different livery like nobbies did when Xpo stepped in?

…Plenty of halfway house drivers and squaddies about in their Bidvest vehicles though…
I’m sick of their aggressive overtakes like they’re on 14hrs 50mins all the time! :imp:

Winseer:
Where are these offers in all areas where drivers are being laid off by P&H then?

You’d think that P&H’s demise on this side of Christmas would give the shivers to firms like 3663 and Bidvest. Can’t say I’ve seen many of the former about of late though? Have they merged and morphed into a different livery like nobbies did when Xpo stepped in?

…Plenty of halfway house drivers and squaddies about in their Bidvest vehicles though…
I’m sick of their aggressive overtakes like they’re on 14hrs 50mins all the time! :imp:

3663 is Bidvest now.

I think P&H have missed the boat a bit lately, they will have lost a major slice of their business with the tobacco bans and less people smoking, pubs and restaurants don’t sell ■■■■. Forecourt services are being modernised with major franchises. BP. Subway. Spar. Tesco Morrisons and Greggs. Bidfood and Bidvest. Booker and Makro are probably more productive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bit of irony there Wheelnut, Tesco own Booker and Booker own Makro, where does it end?
Sapper

sapper:
Bit of irony there Wheelnut, Tesco own Booker and Booker own Makro, where does it end?
Sapper

I know, Palmer and Harvey did Sainsburys forecourts, so now what? Tesco sandwiches in Sainsburys delivered by Bidwest and made by Greencore [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk