P&B Foods Bradford Vacancies

Just noticed P&B foods are advertising for 3 Class one drivers.

£11.11 p/h and £40 nightout allowance.

If i didn’t have to work nights then this would interest me with the above average rates for West Yorkshire area.

Apparently a very physical job doing multi drops and double manning.
Was told you have to overnight with a drivers mate in the cab and they also have you collecting cash from the deliveries

Ahh…don’t think it would interest me then.

Think it is also lots of “ethnic” corner shops etc.

The Rustler:

What’s the problem with that a shop or any delivery point is the same no matter who runs the place ffs

£40 night out allowance? In this day and age I’d class that as exceptional. Unless they run day cabs and you have to source your own accommodation of course.

the maoster:
£40 night out allowance? In this day and age I’d class that as exceptional. Unless they run day cabs and you have to source your own accommodation of course.

Double manned ,£20 each no fighting for top bunk !

LeedsChris:
Just noticed P&B foods are advertising for 3 Class one drivers.

£11.11 p/h and £40 nightout allowance.

If i didn’t have to work nights then this would interest me with the above average rates for West Yorkshire area.

Although it was a number of years ago, I phoned them once when they advertising.
Lots of cab hopping was mentioned, ie no allocated motors (might be different now)
Lots of handball “ethnic” corner shops to deliver to.
Most of your colleagues are well sun tanned. :sunglasses:

However, I noticed that the infamous Bradford firm Peckover is advertising again. :laughing:

Top of the range motors. Superspace xf’s. Man xxl. Topline scania’s… mate of mine worked there… drivers mate for the handball stuff. Quite alot of it apparently. And more drops than santa claus… crappy little corner shops in bloody london that artics shouldn’t be going to

Worked for Pb for 3 years now high driver turn over , money good but tests even the best driver full size 45 ft trailer going down streets that most van drivers would struggle with and then having to carry all the heavy gear into the back of the shop as the staff watch you , god why am I still here ffs

Trucker Ed:

The Rustler:

What’s the problem with that a shop or any delivery point is the same no matter who runs the place ffs

They watch you like hawks, expect that bit more effort out of you and almost never give you a drink even during hot weather. This is my experience from delivering to those “Best Price Supershop” type places. We used to do a place that tried all the tricks not to hand over the cash “till broken with cheque in boss” was the most common excuse.

leedswarrior:
Worked for Pb for 3 years now high driver turn over , money good but tests even the best driver full size 45 ft trailer going down streets that most van drivers would struggle with and then having to carry all the heavy gear into the back of the shop as the staff watch you , god why am I still here ffs

Because of the underlined bit?

leedswarrior:

There are better jobs than that to be had now the economy has picked up again.

Plenty of work just waiting to see what happens next month with the dcpc introduction

I would never sleep in a truck with another bloke unless he was one of my 3 friends. I am a tad uptight though. :slight_smile:

Silver_Surfer:
I would never sleep in a truck with another bloke… I am a tad uptight though. :slight_smile:

You might not be afterwards…