oz driving

hi guys i m move to queensland. i have a class 1 3 years im getting conficking imfo on if i can swap it over or not any help would be helpful cheers :confused:

In QLD you can get equivalent of class1 which is HC but you need to sit theory test and do a driving test. Althou, technically your UK licence is valid but there could be some issues with insurances like I was told from QLD Transport and, there aren’t too many companies that would be willing to give you a shot with just the UK licence…

Also, it also depends on which visa you’re in there; if you are on a temporary visa - i.e. Working Holiday - you are allowed to use a licence from a recognized country. Dunno what’s the case if your on some other visa…

Whereabouts in QLD you headin…? Depending on your experience, I might have a vacancy in mind in Brisbane… …depending what’s goin on there atm, has my ex-boss finally found a good guy or not…

hi im a kiwi living in london with britsth passport but got all my truck licences in the uk been here 14 years now dont know where i ll head to in qld yet cheers for the help

Armesto’s from Beerwah like their Kiwis eah bro…
Heard several bad reports about them but it might be something to consider for you.

Duck:
Heard several bad reports about them but it might be something to consider for you.

When I was visiting my sister who lives in Beerwah I went round to see them at Armesto’s to see what the crack was…
I got chatting to one of their drivers and he said all he does is run a B-double 250kms north does a changeover and comes home again…
He reckons he was taking $1600 home per week for 55hrs Mon-Fri…
Don’t know if that’s good or not?
Or the truth :wink:

Booked in when??:

Duck:

When I was visiting my sister who lives in Beerwah I went round to see them at Armesto’s to see what the crack was…
I got chatting to one of their drivers and he said all he does is run a B-double 250kms north does a changeover and comes home again…
He reckons he was taking $1600 home per week for 55hrs Mon-Fri…
Don’t know if that’s good or not?
Or the truth :wink:

It could well be right but I guess it’s difficult to be certain without first hand experience.
I spoke to a woman called Rebecca in their office.
A few Australians I know were a bit sceptical about them but who knows?
Ag-Spread are another company that recruit Kiwis on the East coast as I recall.
Btw, did you see Steve Irwin’s zoo…■â–