Oyez! Oyez!.....Again! BRS 64 UPDATE!

Gentlemen (■■), and fellow Lorry Drivers!
Sunday the 15th July next is the day when BRS 64 takes place.
If your looking for nostalgia, camaradarie and good company, not to mention all those old wagons you may have driven or admired, get yourself along to the Lincoln Farm Cafe for the day.
FREE ENTRY!
FREE PARKING!
CAFE OPEN ALL DAY! (No, it’s not free!)

Hope to meet some of you good folks there!
Alex

Hi,
I will be there to meet what sounds like the Town Crier.
Hope to meet a few like minded people and have a good day .

Cheers Bassman

SO ! apart from Alex,Bassman and me (and Anne,cause I’ll get lost!!) who else will be going along to Lincoln Farm next Sunday ? It must be nearly 40 years since I was last at Lincoln Farm.I hope the standard of sheeting and roping on BRS motors has improved over the years,well it could only get better couldn’t it ? I’ll fetch a pair of gloves so I’ll be equipped just the same as a former BRS driver,soft buggers,never wore gloves me’self !! Anyway,who else is going to turn up? At least ther’ll be some “real” motors on show even if they will be in a colour not particularly to my liking !!!Now then,who’s getting the teas in ■■? where’s “H” gone when someone mentioned “getting the teas in” !!! Cheers Bewick.

Lincoln Farm one Sunday lunch time 1974,two Milnthorpe motors changing over with two from Gravesend.Sheeted and roped second to none !!Who knows,all four of them might spiritually turn up on Sunday,only problem is someone else would have to drive the Seddon 'cause I’ve no licence eh! Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:
Lincoln Farm one Sunday lunch time 1974,two Milnthorpe motors changing over with two from Gravesend.Sheeted and roped second to none !!Who knows,all four of them might spiritually turn up on Sunday,only problem is someone else would have to drive the Seddon 'cause I’ve no licence eh! Cheers Dennis.

What was the craic with the big A on the Seddons Dennis?

Suedehead:

Bewick:

What was the craic with the big A on the Seddons Dennis?

Fleet Engineers idea IIRC,so it didn’t feel out of place among all the Atki Borderers!!! I think they put the Seddon Diesel badge back on when it came off double shifting !! Cheers Bewick.

A shot of the Seddon after it came off double shifting and had been re-liveried in a customers name.

Well I shall be going to meet a few of my old red & rust mates.

Dennis,

Never mind the gloves if you are like me you like to see a nicely sheeted and roped load but you are pleaased someone else has done it .
Just bring an old truck and some of your photo,s and we can remnisce all day long.
Just leave that dog at home!!

Cheers Bassman

Dennis,
I forgot to mention , your choice of engine in the old truck!!!

Cheers Bassman

Bassman:
Dennis,
I forgot to mention , your choice of engine in the old truck!!!

Cheers Bassman

Which truck are you on about “Bassman” ? Cheers Dennis.

Dennis,

Just being mischievous, who knows what it might kick off again!!

Cheers, Bassman

Bassman:
Dennis,

Just being mischievous, who knows what it might kick off again!!

Cheers, Bassman

You,being mischevious “Bassman” ? never !! However,if I were to turn up at Lincoln Farm in an immaculate,low mileage,one careful owner Big J 8LXB---------on second thoughts I’d better not as it might cause a medical emergency or three among some of the elderly members !!!Cheers Dennis

Dennis,
Now look what you,ve gone and done.
I think your sense of humour is a lot like mine!

It would be nice to compare a Big J to the latest Scania or MAN or Volvo. Would we need rose tinted specs.?

Cheers Bassman

Bassman:
Dennis,
Now look what you,ve gone and done.
I think your sense of humour is a lot like mine!

It would be nice to compare a Big J to the latest Scania or MAN or Volvo. Would we need rose tinted specs.?

Cheers Bassman

The difference being “Bassman” is the Big J was a motor for “skilled” drivers,to’days offerings just cater for “Steerers and Curtain pullers”,no contest IMHO !! Cheers Dennis.PS someone must have nicked the 240 badge of that Guy grille,so can you super impose one onto it ? Now that would set the Proles off if they had just logged on and seen it !!! We are mischevious beggers aren’t we !!

Dennis,
It would seem that we are going to have Glen McBirnie joining us on Sunday. I don,t know if you know him but he is another IRN-BRU man!
I and I repeat I never mentioned 240 Gardners I left the choice to you knowing what it may cause.

Cheers Bassman

Dennis,
I didn,t mean to come across heavy handed, meant to be “mischevious”

Cheers Bassman

Bassman!
I am now truly worried!
Glen told me he wasn’t coming and would send the Irn-Bru with you.
I took pity on you since you are a poor working driver, I told Glen I would bring the Irn-Bru.
Is this a plot by the Fifer to wiggle out of buying the Irn-Bru?
I’ll need to lie down for a wee while as I’m so upset!
Alex

Alex, Don,t you go losing any money out of your pockets when you lay down.
But from what I,ve heard about Scotsmans pockets and how deep they are that,s not likely.

Looking forward to meeting you and others on Sunday;

Cheers, Bassman

Mick

I’ve e-mailed you today with my M/No.
See you Sunday.

Alex