Owner Drivers or web enthusiast wanted

Hi,

I have not been on here for a while as I have been mega busy recently.

Additionally, th web site that I have run for the last 5 years has got too much for me to manage on my own - www.ownerdrivers.org.uk.

I know this posting may break all the rules in the book - but it is informative and may be beneficial to someone… so I’ll try it anyway…

I have just put my website up for sale on ebay. I am not selling it completely, but giving someone the chance to come on board and help make the site easier to run.

If anyone is interested, it is in the businesses for sale section.

Thank you very much if you let this posting stay… If not - sorry!!! Thanks anyway…

Ok’d by Rikki-UK

Owner Drivers:
Additionally, th web site that I have run for the last 5 years has got too much for me to manage on my own - www.ownerdrivers.org.uk.

Last updated Nov 2005. Although most is unchanged since 2004?

Quote from who we are ;
" In my spare time I work for a large computer company to help subsidise my husbands ‘hobby’. I realised that there was very little help and information for the owner driver and small haulier and decided to set up my own web site to help you all (and to improve my programming skills). "

Doesn’t seem a lot going on, am i missing something?

must admit there dosn’t seem to much to it, thats not to say it’s not a worth while site but it dosn’t seem to have altered much in the last year or so regarding work offered etc, hard to see why anyone would want to part with hard cash for someting that would basically be free to set up from scratch?

I couldn’t find it on eBay; what is its ‘item number’?

ownerdrivers:
Due to the time it takes to maintain the site, I am offering the business opportunity for a partner to buy into my business to help improve my site.

The relevant partner will help to make the site interactive and allow me to start to charge a small fee for placing the details on the site.

In return you will get half the proceeds of the fee’s.

Don’t get me wrong I am not trying to knock what you are doing or have done, but the wording of the advert just seems like you want someone to revamp the site to make it a pay site and for you to reap the rewards (if any)!! Your ad is really not selling the idea to me, and I would think I am not alone in that thought!!

Should the bit underlined not be us rather then me? I get the impression from the ad that if I bought into the site I would be working for you rather then with you - again just my own personal obsevation!!!

i might buy it and change the name to truckbitchnet.com

it would be very low maintenance

no offence and nothing personal to ownerdrivers.org

vernonbish777:
i might buy it and change the name to truckbitchnet.com

it would be very low maintenance

no offence and nothing personal to ownerdrivers.org

Come on, some people just set themselves up for it. My concern was that the small ammendment by Rikki may of been seen as an endorsment by him and therefore make it seem kosher. Do a little research.

sorry mike, there was nowt aimed at any postings on this thread at all.

it was meant as a bit of lite relief

i’ve looked at the site myself , and couldn’t even be arsed to find it on ebay - a lot of the firms mentioned on there don’t exist anymore - maybe the advert should be shifted to the old time forum - might have more joy there :smiley:

as smcaul, paul b and your goodself have stated, there ain’t a lot on there to bid on - perhaps you should mention it to stardust mike next time he’s got his ears on, might be his cup of tea running that :laughing: :laughing:

no offence meant to anyone at all

Hi,
sorry if you think I am just trying to rip you off… that is not the case.

I thought about just selling the site as a going concern and handing it over to whoever bought it.

But then it may not be run by an owner driver and might just be a money making scam.

If it stauys within my control then at least it would continue to be run for the good of owner drivers.

It hasn’t been updated for a long time and I have got a few hundred emails that need to be added on - some probably to remove old companies that no longer exist. I do not have the time any more to keep this updated as it became a lot more popular than I thought it would be.

I was proposing that someone with the knowledge to make the site interactive so that details would be added automatically could come on board. I don’t think it is unreasonable to start to charge a company that wants to advertise their services a small fee - e.g. £5 a year and keep the site going for the benefit of owner drivers.

Thanks for your positive feedback - maybe I will just sell it as it is…

In case you needed to know
the ebay item number is 120016451496

Owner Drivers:
I was proposing that someone with the knowledge to make the site interactive so that details would be added automatically could come on board. I don’t think it is unreasonable to start to charge a company that wants to advertise their services a small fee - e.g. £5 a year and keep the site going for the benefit of owner drivers.

Thanks for your positive feedback - maybe I will just sell it as it is…

then you would need have a server that will support php and database extenesions. Something I’ve done - but it occured to me looking at the above post that you are willing to sell a 50% share of the site and sit back with no input. As an investor I would ask for 80-90% share of the site stright away as one would be doing the hard work to get things up and running.

TBH i never knew that was a demand for this sort of website… hummmmm thinking cap on…

But TBH - your better off closing it down and selling the domain away.

M

xlthunter:
As an investor I would ask for 80-90% share of the site stright away as one would be doing the hard work to get things up and running.

It’s just like Dragons’ Den. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

xlthunter:
As an investor I would ask for 80-90% share of the site stright away as one would be doing the hard work to get things up and running.

It’s just like Dragons’ Den. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :smiley:

Correct - Business Studies come handy :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: