Owner drivers and 'Margin'

Hi All,

I know that when a operator has no margin he cant operate a hire vehicle in replacement of a vehicle in workshop/VOR Etc.

BUT I can hire/Subcontract in a owner driver with their own O-Licence right?

Just don’t want to feel the wrath of the TC and my new boss if i get this wrong and nothing got covered in my TM CPC course in June about using Owner drivers with no margin.

Cheers, great forum.

Jamie

See no reason why not (hope I am not corrected). I do just that, sub out what I can’t do.

PM sent

you are basically correct

you cannot hire in a vehicle to cover a VOR’d vehicle without a margin

but, you can legally sub out the work to an owner driver or another haulier with their own O’ Licence, as, that way, it will then become their work, on their O’ Licence

If you don’t have a margin for another vehicle when its of the road you can take it off and then add the hire one on till yours is back on the road

GETTING:
If you don’t have a margin for another vehicle when its of the road you can take it off and then add the hire one on till yours is back on the road

I’ve done this and it’s easy done it when I had a demonstrater for a week can be done online in mins and it’s free now

Yes if you use self-service no issue just take truck in for repair off and put hire truck on.

Wether you run at a profit or loss is up to you and your pocket. :unamused:

Always wise to have a margin on your operators licence for such eventualities.