Owner driver - Help!

I currently subcontract on container boxes. Last week was totally quiet and I earn’t 1000+vat. This is really low worst week, no profit on this after wages at all!!! Bear in mind fuel around 500 trailer hire 100 thats 400 left. Can’t even take out wages that week let alone operating center cost tm cost etc.
Anyone know of any profitable work with a 44 tonne scanis r470 in and around Birmingham.

Finding profitable work is something you should’ve done BEFORE you bought the lorry!

Not seen any that specifically requires a scania R470

Work is profitable but some weeks it’s really quite which makes it less profitable but usually i can achieve the 2000+ on best weeks. It is bit quite only recently

Same with any business, you have to take the average over 12 months, then see if you are still viable. Rough comes along with any job, but you have to make as much as you can to cover those times.

I think you need to re-evaluate your standing costs per day. If one slack week is causing alarm then something isn’t quite right. Assume fewer working days per year and then see if the work you have got is profitable. Doing this NOW may prevent you getting into far deeper financial troubles. I hope you did mean a 470 Scania and not a 740, because that might well have some bearing on costs.

You haven’t even got £400 left

Take cost your truck and maintance into account you have made a loss

Where a lot of od go wrong don’t do a true costings and kid them
Selves by saying well truck paid for or put deposit down and finance only £200 month

I’ve ran old and new and a true figure is 400-500 week for unit

Plus insurance and all
Other costs

Even 2k a week I wouldn’t even bother and sell them

You have to sit down and do a true costing of your figures, you are not making any money at all, if you had a blow out or mechanical failure could you afford to fix it? You should have at least enough reserve money in the bank for a couple of months running or even longer.
Maybe this isn’t the best place to seek work, you have to go out knocking on doors and do not rely on one customer.
Good luck.

What sort of work are you looking for Tramping or day work?