Owen Pugh

Lawrence Dunbar:

f7sidd:
Heres a few for you,

Great photos F7, Those internationl tippers were a great little motor,performed very well on sites being normal control, Arthur White at Ponteland had some, also there was a firm at Chester Le-Street ran them, Keep them rolling, Regards Larry.

Drove an International for Seghill Haulage LNL859E who operated 8 internationals,Perkins 354 engine with 5 speed box and two speed eaton axle,bench seat in cab,steering and brakes were not the best,

F.T. Are your real intials A.P.? Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
F.T. Are your real intials A.P.? Regards Larry.

Your no Fool.

Well now, AP, neither are you, If you are the true gent with the AP Initials that I know, well lets have a meet, what do you say eh ? Im getting old now but Im still enjoying life, and its great to wake up every morning , allways stiff but not in the right place, happy days eh, AP. Retired now I would say, after putting a lot of bloody hard work into the the haulage game, I hope you came out of it with what you deserved for your effots, Regards LARRY.

AP, Would I be correct in saying. the last time I saw you was in Hexham, outside the Abbey with your good lady E, Regards Larry I was driving past in my Jag & had no place to stop, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
AP, Would I be correct in saying. the last time I saw you was in Hexham, outside the Abbey with your good lady E, Regards Larry I was driving past in my Jag & had no place to stop, Regards Larry.

Correct,
Lady E was quite dissapointed as we looked for you and your good Lady to have a coffee and a chat.

Two friends meet up again…Excellent!!! It just gets better. I love this site!

Pugh’s were operating a landfill just up past Sunniside about early eighties and we were tipping there. Old Mr Pugh turned up in his Jensen ? or was it an Aston Martin ? I pulled up just past him to close the tailboard just as he was opening the boot and it was full of scrap he had scavenged himself from the tip. He saw me looking ’ every little helps ’ he said !!!
Can any of you ex Pugh lads remember Barry Anderson in the office. He was Ted Smith’s sidekick at Anthony Mole (Bowey)for quite a while then went up to Dudley.

tyneside:
Pugh’s were operating a landfill just up past Sunniside about early eighties and we were tipping there. Old Mr Pugh turned up in his Jensen ? or was it an Aston Martin ? I pulled up just past him to close the tailboard just as he was opening the boot and it was full of scrap he had scavenged himself from the tip. He saw me looking ’ every little helps ’ he said !!!
Can any of you ex Pugh lads remember Barry Anderson in the office. He was Ted Smith’s sidekick at Anthony Mole (Bowey)for quite a while then went up to Dudley.

Aye, that was the tip at Marley Hill and it was a Jensen interceptor that old man Pugh had. The “scrap” story doesn’t surprise me one bit!
I worked with Barry Anderson for quite a while, they needed someone to replace Barry when he retired so I came off the loader and went into the plant office. When Alan Jobling retired I took over his Job as plant hire manager and was in there for 11 years. I couldn’t stand the stress any more and came out and am now back driving and quite enjoying the change!!
He was a happy chap Barry!!!

11 years old and still going strong…ish!

truck 2 003.JPG

Here’s what I’ve been driving for the past couple of days. Scott the driver’s back at work tomorrow so, it’s back to the old Volvo.
Oh well…

That was nt you down the bottom of the buisness park on friday afternoon with a little dumper on, nearly knocking lampposts down was it :blush: :blush:

f7sidd:
That was nt you down the bottom of the buisness park on friday afternoon with a little dumper on, nearly knocking lampposts down was it :blush: :blush:

Ha ha, Certainly was!!! Did you notice the fact that the rearmost steering axle would not lock, causing it to “self steer” in reverse…bloody thing did the same at Path head tip this morning too. Where were you? Funny how it always happens when everybody’s watching eh??

Here’s last weeks mount. The old Volvo’s in for some work!

Think it’s run in now?

Yesterday’s mount…lovely piece of kit.

Erecting The Hoose that Jack built.

Good one of the scow ender tipping in Marsden quarry…,ok if they hadn’t kept falling over.
The ERF low loader with the JCB 806 on the back is probably driven by John Arkle. Taught me a lot did John…mostly bad!!
Sadly he died a couple of years ago.

Cheers. Chris K.

Everything stops for tea. Today at Marsden quarry