ow ow ow ow ow!!

just started work for a local chicken processing factory, taking empty trailers to farms, bringing back full ones.

2 reasons to say ouch now…

1st one is the sheer number of times I’ve been operating that trailer-leg handle.
I have a dodgy shoulder, it’s fine to operate a daily job with it with the normal couple of trailer swaps, and not DVLA notifiable.
but wow, this job is sommat else!
get unit, collect trailer. drive to weighbridge, drop trailer, hook back up, drive half an hour to the farm, drop the trailer, collect another one, back to base, drop it on the weighbridge, pick it back up, drive it into the shed, drop it, get another one, drive to weighbridge, drop it, pick it back up,drive to another local farm, drop it, get another, back to base, drop on WB, pick back up, into shed, drop it, pick another up, drop on WB, pick it up, drive to a slightly further afield farm, take a break, drop trailer, pick up another, back to base, drop on WB, pick it up, into shed, drop it, get another, drop on WB, pick it up, drive to farm, drop it, run without trailer to another site, pick one up, back to base, drop on WB, pick it up, into shed, drop it, take an empty out and park up, the day is done.

crikey o-reilly! even paired with another driver, so saving energy on the curtains, climbing in, out, doing hoses etc - it’s killing me like mad now, this shoulder! don’t know how long I can stick it, which makes me feel like a right pansy - if I wimp out dead early on with an old injury that’s not been relevant before.

and the 2nd bit - I got what is commonly known amongst live-haul chicken drivers as “the chicken ■■■■ s” :smiley: the only advice medical staff have, is “buy a bottle of wine, and use the cork on yer bum” :open_mouth: :laughing:

nice one eh! lol