Overturned M80 (s) Cumbernauld

Hi folks, just heard a truck has overturned and shed its load on M80 south between Haggs and Castlecary…

Anyone know any more?

Hope the driver is ok and no one else is involved/injured.

Pics ive seen its 100% a fridge artic and it looks very much like a culina trailer but canna be certain as the pics are from a motorway camera.

One thing is for sure its scandalous how long it took to recover considering there was no fatalities, 06.50 it happened and its just been cleared at 17.10 according to bear Scotland.

Coming back from Dundee i was going to come down the A9 and i seen the gantry signs at 2pm warning about lengthy delays, couldn’t believe it hadn’t been cleared! Had to come down via M8.

merc0447:
Pics ive seen its 100% a fridge artic and it looks very much like a culina trailer but canna be certain as the pics are from a motorway camera.

One thing is for sure its scandalous how long it took to recover considering there was no fatalities, 06.50 it happened and its just been cleared at 17.10 according to bear Scotland.

Coming back from Dundee i was going to come down the A9 and i seen the gantry signs at 2pm warning about lengthy delays, couldn’t believe it hadn’t been cleared! Had to come down via M8.

I’ve seen the blurry motorway camera PIC too and I thought I could see a skelly trailer next to the fridge. Was it a container that fell off the skelly or am I seeing things?

Its that first picture that made me think it was a culina, its 100% a fridge trailer but ive never seen a fridge on a skelly, it looks as if the box has detached from the chassis? I don’t know whats going on, usual we will never know :smiley:

I have pulled a skelly with a fridge on it before. and I have seen a fridge come off of the trailer, if that makes sense.

Those pics are much clearer than the one I seen earlier. Definitely a fridge and it has come off the chassis. That’s what made me think it was a box that fell of a skelly. Wonder how that could have happened!!

Heard it was a fatality.

damoq:
Those pics are much clearer than the one I seen earlier. Definitely a fridge and it has come off the chassis. That’s what made me think it was a box that fell of a skelly. Wonder how that could have happened!!

Could possibly have been on over speed coming down the hill before the corner and took it a bit too fast, or the canal runs under that stretch of the road, when I’m down there walking the dog I see loads of deer kicking about, maybe evasive action to avoid one of them…

Just hope the driver is ok, was there any other vehicles involved?