Overtime Rates.

Evil8Beezle:
Is that your eulogy Pete?

i know it was a bloody long one, i just wish my ■■■■■ was as long but still at least i have the love of my fellow drivers to keep me going in this sad life

I love ya Pete, I’m always very amused when you post! :smiley:

But I am wondering when you’re going to run out of material… :confused:

Evil8Beezle:
I love ya Pete, I’m always very amused when you post! :smiley:

But I am wondering when you’re going to run out of material… :confused:

does the pope use a condom before buggering alter boys ?

does the queen give her hubby head ? i mean she had a lot of kids so was clearly a ■■■■■ old bird in her time

but i digress again

there is always material around on this forum, so unless we end up with a driver shortage :smiley: there is no chance i can run out of stuff, or maybe if the English speaking drivers stop posting on here and it becomes a polish forum or one of the other daft languages that are spoken around our beloved country these days then i might be hard pushed for material.

Winseer:

Terry T:

Winseer:
What are the base hourly rates one gets 1.5x on though?

£8-9 base isn’t so hot, but £12+ for the first 8 hours would be pretty cool!

Just a tenner here. But as a tramper it soon starts to add up. Last week I earned more in overtime than on my standard 40 hours. Plus my night out money and meal allowance.

This is the trick - especially if you start counting the overtime from 40 hours rather than 50… The night out & meal allowances being tax free helps a bit too eh? :slight_smile:

72 hour week? - 40x£10=£400 with 5x1hr deducted for meal break at most (taken from these hours not the gross overall hours mind!)
30 hours @ £15ph=£450 plus 4x£25 for nights out monday-thursday (home on friday) and 5x£10 meal allowance (repacles more than what’s lost for meal relief deduction) gives £900 for top line, some of which is not taxable as well. And… You’d be home every weekend in this scenario at least.
Nice! :slight_smile:

Are your firm looking for anyone at the mo? :blush: :wink:

I won’t bore you with the details but it can be significantly north of £900 some weeks. Some weeks a bit less though. Average is around 950.

I don’t class it as excessive though. It’s just fair. At the end of the day it’s still only a base rate of £10 per hour which is nothing to shout out about. The high earnings have to be just that, earned. By sacrificing my whole week and sleeping in a box while working 13-15 hour days.

I saw a job last week with Bibby’s for Euro tramping and they were offering £31k. Now that’s just silly but I bet they don’t have problems getting bums on seats.

We get 8 Hour,and then +50%
Saturday and Night (Overtime) +100%
Sunday and Bankholiday +200%