Overtaking on the A14 and A12

I found this link to a recent story regarding the A14. It also relates to comments that i have recently made in another thread.

eadt.co.uk/content/eadt/news … 3A52%3A077

The most useful piece of info on that link…

Experiments are taking place on the M42, the A1 and the A14 and there is no proof that an overtaking ban has been effective in speeding up other vehicles,” he added

paul@midway:
The most useful piece of info on that link…

Experiments are taking place on the M42, the A1 and the A14 and there is no proof that an overtaking ban has been effective in speeding up other vehicles,” he added

On that stretch of the A14 anyway i don’t know about the M42/A1 not many truckers (Even i have have to hold my hand up on one occasion :astonished: ) took any notice of the 7.5 ton weight limit, they took advantage of the slow lorry’s in lane one and zoomed past them which the weight limt created because of all the hills.

As long as your not a member of the 'Half hour overtake club" then you don’t hold traffic up much hence why their is little or no proof the weight limit has been effective.

May be if TC’s or VOSA enforced it as i assume technically driving in that lane between those peak times would carry the same offence level as driving down a 7.5 ton street with no execeptions?[/b]

Well they did it with speeders who wouldn’t slow down, now we all have a limiter, only a matter of time before we’re all banned from overtaking, it’s quiet simple, if your being overtaken slowly then BACKOFF!!! as for the muppets who keep someone on the outside of them mile after mile, only to turn off in to a services or an exit road, your in the wrong job.