Overspeeding

Maximum overspeed setting should be 91km/h. But UK speed limit is 60mph or 96km/h so any overspeed between 91 and 96 isn’t worth worrying about.

If your firm uses stuff like Microlise then they may choose to beat you with that particular stick, if you repeat the offence on a regular basis

You are only braking the law if you exceed the stated limit

It will not show as an infringment

Happy trucking!

Bluey Circles:
You have not broken any speeding laws, but you have broken the laws that surround the speed limiting device that is fitted to your vehicle. Two separate laws independent of each other

What law has been broken regarding the speed limiter?

Roymondo:

Bluey Circles:
You have not broken any speeding laws, but you have broken the laws that surround the speed limiting device that is fitted to your vehicle. Two separate laws independent of each other

What law has been broken regarding the speed limiter?

None. The law states a vehicle cannot be powered beyond 90km/h. Doesn’t say anything about eco-rolling down hills and as the UK speed limit is 96km/h I see no problem of doing up to that speed down hills.

Hammy747:
Our trucks will give you an over speed of you do more than 90Kph for more than a set period of time, something like 15 seconds.

Unless we’re caught doing silly speeds the boss isn’t bothered. One driver set the record at 107kph though :laughing:

if you ever get any irish work then he is just the man for the job…at that speed then he might just be able to keep up with the boat traffic… :smiley:

This still gets me. We have the ability for our trucks to hit up to 91 clicks flat out. The truck limit is 89 clicks but the overspeed only comes on after 30 seconds - 1 minute at 91 clicks. So if you sit at 90 clicks no overspeed.

However most guys i know just sit at 91 clicks and although they get an overspeed they dont acknowledge it until they are at the next stage of their journey which means they (in theory) only get two overspeeds per shift. But but but but…

…ive always been told if you dont correct the overspeed by adjusting speed then it somehow ompacts you for infringements. Most folk have debunked this and said its only a tool your employer would use but if ypur employer is telling you they arent concerned at 91 clicks then is it ok or can i still be penalised be DVLA/VOSA.

My main concern is it shows up as overspeeds on card and if you goto another employer they look at your card record and say “eff taking that guy on”

Whats the truth of it all?

H4L:

The simple truth of it is; different companies will have different standpoints on over speeds (where I work for example do not have a policy on it) whereas others may give you a warning.

From a legal standpoint however you will not face any charges PROVIDING you have not exceede 60mph on a d/c or motorway (unless lower limits apply for whatever reason). The speed limiter regs state that any vehicle subject to speed limiter regulations must not be capable of being POWERED to a speed in excess of 56mph, ergo coasting up to and including 60mph is fine and dandy (aforementioned restrictions apply)

Hth.

the maoster:

H4L:

The simple truth of it is; different companies will have different standpoints on over speeds (where I work for example do not have a policy on it) whereas others may give you a warning.

From a legal standpoint however you will not face any charges PROVIDING you have not exceede 60mph on a d/c or motorway (unless lower limits apply for whatever reason). The speed limiter regs state that any vehicle subject to speed limiter regulations must not be capable of being POWERED to a speed in excess of 56mph, ergo coasting up to and including 60mph is fine and dandy (aforementioned restrictions apply)

Hth.

Cheers buddy. We will see how we go with her opened up each night.